Whatsapp Web Issue

oghousa

Jun 16, 2017
Visit site
anyone having trouble with WhatsApp web? my camera does not read the QR code so it does not connect :-(

I have the same issue with my alcatelonetouc IDOL 4S with windows 10. my camera dont read the whatsapp web QR code, i try reinstall whatsapp, third party QR scanner (their read the any QR and the whatsapp QR just fine), try to contact alcatel but they say is a whatsapp issue, try to contact whatsapp but they say is an Alcatel issue.

my whatsapp, windows phone, and windows 10 pc are up to date.
:angry::confused::angry:

Jonathanmr7

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue with my alcatelonetouc IDOL 4S with windows 10. my camera dont read the whatsapp web QR code, i try reinstall whatsapp, third party QR scanner (their read the any QR and the whatsapp QR just fine), try to contact alcatel but they say is a whatsapp issue, try to contact whatsapp but they say is an Alcatel issue.

my whatsapp, windows phone, and windows 10 pc are up to date.
:angry::confused::angry:

SAme here, contact whats and say its the phone lol -.- so how with other apps the app can scan every code? tss hate this

9ja

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
The bug still persists. Quite irritating that no one that should address this is interested in finding a fix

Nelson Poggioli

Jul 27, 2017
Visit site
anyone having trouble with WhatsApp web? my camera does not read the QR code so it does not connect :-(

I just got this ALCATEL IDOL 4S from Amazon and same issue with whatsapp web, do not understand why, it is a shame this problem with a brand new phone.
Anyone got solution?

Radim Fryc

Oct 24, 2017
Visit site
Is this an issue with all WM devices, or just the Idol 4S? I just sold my 650, or I'd test it.

It looks, just Idol 4S.
It can be due to some "issues" on camera driver which is present on that device's firmware.
I noticed, when trying several camera apps, that the auto-focus sometimes causes an exception, causing app crash e.g. on ProShot, when the focus cannot be obtained under some conditions. This can be the issue why the WhatsApp app is not able to finish the operation and is unable to focus that QR code. Maybe WhatsApp is handling the exception in a better way, so the application does not crash but still cannot finish the task...

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tried the front facing camera to see if that yields different results?

I'm just throwing out a trouble shooting option. Still debating if i should buy this device to replace my broken Elite x3.

Last edited:

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site

same issue here!!!!!

Worked fine on my Nokia 930!!!
Works fine on my HP Elite x3 !!!!

Not this phone!!!

Can it read QR codes at all?

Just installed Windows Update 1709 - no change!!!

So bumed!

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone tried the front facing camera to see if that yields different results?

I'm just throwing out a trouble shooting option. Still debating if i should buy this device to replace my broken Elite x3.

How do you get the front cam to do this?

It always goes to the front facing camera....

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Ok, I got an answer from Alcatel support. I sent them some photos and description of the issue. Yes it works with other QR readers. So is it WhatsApp or the Phone?
They came back with:

support@alcatelonetouch.us
Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 12:21 PM

Thank you for the information V.

Unfortunately this model is not compatible with QR reader, we apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards
Mauricio

and

A system update might solve this issue. When ever there is an update available for your device you will received a notification on the device to install it.

Best Regards
Mauricio
Alcate Support

Alcatel Supportwp_ss_20171128_0003.jpgwp_ss_20171128_0001.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)