[App] Sync Chrome Bookmarks, recent pages and open tabs to Windows Phone

dmehers

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Last Friday I launched Chrync, which lets you sync your Chrome Bookmarks, recent pages and open tabs to Windows Phone.

There is no special Chrome plugin to install: it just works. You just need to install this Windows Phone app.

A review of it was just published here.

Here is the Marketplace link

Here is a video demo.

Its a paid app, but I'm fine for people to use the trial for as long as they'd like. The trial currently has no restrictions other than an occasional prompt on startup.

I'd appreciate any feedback.

Damian

Last edited:

SolunaKitty

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
The marketplace link does not lead anywhere ^^;

Marketplace Link

Personally, since it's going to be on the phone, I prefer QR codes since they are so very convenient with Bing's Vision function. I even made a QR Code for you from Creating QR codes, items with QR codes :D

I think it's an app that has much use, and I use Chrome as my main browser. It's just that I am near my computer most of the time, so I don't quite need the app yet, unfortunately. In any case, keep up the good work, and welcome to WPCentral!

dmehers

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I've updated the links. The video link was broken too. Thanks for QR code too!

I guess like most people I created the app because it was something I wanted - I like to be able to sync up the state of my browser tabs to my phone, to continue reading/browsing what I was looking at on my desktop.

There was another review published on The Next Web. They raise some good points. It was slightly scary when they tweeted a link to the article from an account with over 690,00 followers. I'll likely lower the price to 0.99.

The issue of how to reassure people that I'm not going to do something with their google account is tougher. The only servers my app talks to are Google's, and it only downsyncs your bookmarks, recent pages, and open tabs. I could have the code reviewed by a trusted third party, but I'm not sure that anyone would care (or trust them).

In any event I enjoy using the app! I've just (in development) added the ability to pin bookmarks and folders too.

Damian

Last edited:

SolunaKitty

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
You are welcome :3

I like the mindset of creating something to solve a problem you have!

As for the issue of convincing people that you wont do anything their accounts is a tougher issue. I'd say the most you can do is put in the description. Actually... "The only servers my app talks to are Google's, and it only downsyncs your bookmarks, recent pages, and open tabs." might be enough by itself. People use apps like NextGenReader and GoVoice, which require Google logins (and probably more access than your app), but tons of people still use them (I use GoVoice).

I don't think you need to have your code reviewed. Most people wont know the agencies or of its significance.

Oh, nice! Keep up the good work! I might come back to get this app one day, after I am away from my computer (preferably because I finally got an engineering job). I'd much rather buy the app than use a permanent (but fully-functional) trial. :3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes