Pocket File Manager. The only real manager with full access to photos, video and SD Card! + 6 Clouds

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
re: Pocket File Manager (The only application with FTP Server and File Manager)

I want to download this app but can't pay for it as my debit card just don't let me buy apps from marketplace. Can anything be done..?

rudironsoni

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site

1. I am thinking about it. Not a problem to implement. I just don't understand why? You can start playing music in music hub as well as delete it . No additional features could be implemented in PFM for music as we (developers) has no direct access to music files.

2. About video files. There is no way to SEND file to another application. Only ask System to open file with supported extension. Yxplayer should implement this feature to accept video files and subtitle files. Of course we have a limitation here. Application cannot overwrite system reserved extensions like .mp4 and so on. So Yxplayer must register its own extension, for example .yxp. You, as user, rename files by adding .yxp to the name of file (myvideo.mp4 to myvideo.mp4.ypx) and open it from PFM.

Pocket File Manager registered special extension .cfs. So any application can open file in PFM by adding this extension to the file name.

Great!
I have a Lumia 920, it doesn't have a micro sd card, only the internal storage. I watch a lot of movies and series with subtitle, I can send to Pocket with FTP or move my downloaded video torrent in WPTorrentPro to Pocket with the .cfs file format. The major question is, can another app (like YXPlayer) acess the internal pocket storage, where the movie and the subtitle are and play it? I'm askin' it for you as developer (not for the specific app = yxplayer). I need to understand it to figure out a way to make the minimum file system usable with windows phone 8.

Realy, microsoft did a very big sh*t at this point.

Can subtitle run on Pocket? wow

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Application has no access to isolated storage of another applications. So the only way to send files from PFM to Yxplayer is to ask them to support file associations.
BTW as I can see YXplayer has FTP Server like PFM, so you can upload files into it from PC.

Haigs

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site

Pocket file manager is really a great app. With some tricks you can do almost everything you expect from a file manager. Skydrive support is nice.
I think people dont know what you can do with this app. I hope Wpcentral make a post about this app.

@Ray Adams the only thing i would like is a home button. When i search files in my skydrive i have to keep pressing the back button many times to go back to home. And maybe an option to change the background colour :)

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Pocket file manager is really a great app. With some tricks you can do almost everything you expect from a file manager. Skydrive support is nice.
I think people dont know what you can do with this app. I hope Wpcentral make a post about this app.

@Ray Adams the only thing i would like is a home button. When i search files in my skydrive i have to keep pressing the back button many times to go back to home. And maybe an option to change the background colour :)

Tap on word "ROOT" :)

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Help page, inside the app, has this information.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Btw. You can go up folder by swap from left to right on any part of screen.

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

stupid question, just bought the app, emailed myself an mp3 file as a .rar, unpacked it fine, chose store, no probs, showed up in nokia music app, how do i actually set as ringtone from there? :)

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

You should not store the file, select "as ringtone"

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Hi, i don't see ringtone option, when i long press on the mp3 file within pocket file manager i have store, copy, in phone, rename, send, http, save to lib etc, but no ringtone option ⁉
You should not store the file, select "as ringtone"

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Let me check it. Could be bug. Do you operating in local storage?

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Hi, i don't see ringtone option, when i long press on the mp3 file within pocket file manager i have store, copy, in phone, rename, send, http, save to lib etc, but no ringtone option ⁉

Definitely bug. Update will be posted soon. Thank you for helping in bugs hunting process :)

ardaozkal

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

Please don't change The price I'll buy it soon i can only afford 2₺ For an app otherwise it will be overpriced

Sent from my Lumia 620 using Tapatalk

ardaozkal

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

Just paid For it. Have a nice beer(70cent beer :))

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Please don't change The price I'll buy it soon i can only afford 2₺ For an app otherwise it will be overpriced

Why should we change the price? 0.99$ is a good price

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb