WP8's TellMe is so lacking that I have fixed it myself.

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Trying it now, seems to work well. Few things, can the app close automatically after executing a command instead of staying on screen? Also, no "search Bing" command, please add that, not a google user. Which leads me to this question, will we be able to add custom commands or have to request them from you? Cant wait for the rename option, will def work better for me. Thanks, good work.

Search bing command coming in 1.1, that's basically one line of code. And no, I don't plan to add an option to add your own commands, sadly. Rename option is a 1.2 or 1.3 feature. Ability to make the app automatically close could be added depending on demand.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Search bing command coming in 1.1, that's basically one line of code. And no, I don't plan to add an option to add your own commands, sadly. Rename option is a 1.2 or 1.3 feature. Ability to make the app automatically close could be added depending on demand.

Ok, sounds good.

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Hey, instigator I got the trial and was testing around, but one thing you probably need to fix immediately is the trial version. In the trial you are limited to a few features, but I just decided to try a feature that wasn't for trial, and it took me to app and the voice said you cannot access this command in trial mode, BUT it would still tell me the information in a message, but didn't say it out loud. I don't really use any speech features on tell me or your app so I wanted to tell you so you won't lose money, since I won't buy the app this is my way of supporting you. Fix it soon for your benefit.

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey, instigator I got the trial and was testing around, but one thing you probably need to fix immediately is the trial version. In the trial you are limited to a few features, but I just decided to try a feature that wasn't for trial, and it took me to app and the voice said you cannot access this command in trial mode, BUT it would still tell me the information in a message, but didn't say it out loud. I don't really use any speech features on tell me or your app so I wanted to tell you so you won't lose money, since I won't buy the app this is my way of supporting you. Fix it soon for your benefit.

Thank you for reporting the bug. 1.1 has already been submitted, so i'll have to work that fix into 1.1.5 or 1.2. Will come very soon.

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I use Nokia Lumia 822 and the thing that shows up is battery for sure, I haven't done much more testing today because I had to finish my essay for school tommorow, but ill check before I go to sleep.

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Just replicated the issue. It only happens with the battery command. Fix coming before next weekend.

EDIT:
Due to the severity of the issue the fix is now packaged in the 1.1 update, processing certification now.

Last edited:

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Version 1.1 has just been submitted to the store featuring a bug fix for the battery level command, a bug fix for trial mode, a new home page, alarms and reminders support. Also included in this update is a bing search command. Version 1.1 will pass store certification within the next two or three days and will be available to download at that time!

Download the app at: Speech | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

TellMe on WP8 is extremely lacking. We all know that. iPhone friends on Siri laugh at us in horror when it comes to voice assistants. Android users the same. Due to this problem becoming even more prevalent as voice assistants become even more advanced, I've decided to create an app that links into TellMe and adds key commands missing from WP8 such as:

Trial Version

Send Email
What Can I Say (List of these commands inside the app)
Search (Bing, Google, Amazon, etc)
Time/Date
Map Search
Store Search

Only in the Full Version

Navigation/Directions
Battery Life
Share Status
Shuffle/Pause/Play/Previous/Next Music
Appointments (Version 1.1)
Alarms (Version 1.1)

Coming Soon

Accent Color Support
Reminders
Calculator
Calling/Texting
Search sites such as Wolfram Alpha
Easter Eggs such as siri's joke commands (Very low priority)

How does it work?

Simply download the app and launch it, installing the new commands. Then, just launch TellMe and say any of the added commands to TellMe. It supports natural speech recognition and listens for one keyword. For example, you could say "Phone, send an Email to Stephen with the subject hi and body how are you doing", and it will pick out the keyword "Email" and know what you are talking about. When using any command, put "Phone" in the front of it. For example, you would say "Phone, share status" instead of "share status". This is a technical limitation of Windows Phone.

Pricing and Availability

It will launch in the Windows Phone store by next week, or if it passes certification without any problems, by the end of this week. It will launch at .99 for the full version and free for the trial. The full version adds more commands that you can use.

The Future

I'm planning many updates adding the commands listed under "Coming soon". I will update with bugfixes if the bugs are reported. There will be no public beta here on WPCentral.

1.1 Update (Submitted, Available Soon)
- Appointments Support
- "Search Bing" Command
- Bug Fixes
- Alarms

1.2 Update
- Reminders
- Accent Color Support

Screenshots
View attachment 43582View attachment 43583View attachment 43584View attachment 43585

The app will launch under the name "Speech".

How to start the app? it just gets stuck on first page.

ps. i am in India and use Indian voice commands.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I'm not getting good recognition of some commands compared to the native Tellme, I can get the app to open fine but accuracy varies a lot from there. Can anything be done or is it a case of my speech pattern just isn't compatible, (for lack of a better word(?

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm not getting good recognition of some commands compared to the native Tellme, I can get the app to open fine but accuracy varies a lot from there. Can anything be done or is it a case of my speech pattern just isn't compatible, (for lack of a better word(?

I'm using the default tell me API. There isn't much I can do to those APIs regarding accuracy, but I can look into it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes