Viewr for Flickr update with Auto-Upload Coming Soon

MPCowan

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

I released the app Viewr for Flickr about 2 weeks ago and have been actively working on it ever since. The beta version is currently testing out an auto-upload feature which automatically uploads the photos from your camera roll to any Flickr sets that you specify. The public app is at version 1.2.6 available here

Version 1.3.0 will be submitted in a couple days and will bring the auto upload feature to the public app for everyone to enjoy. The real Flickr app for iPhone just got this feature a couple days ago, and I am working to make sure Windows Phone isn't far behind.

If you download the app please be sure to let me know what you think of it.

Thanks,
Matt

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for bringing a new app to the attention of the members of WPCentral. This looks interesting and useful. Good luck with your app, and please feel free to visit the other forums and to interact with members.

Matthew Cowan

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! I have been a reader of the site since WP7 days.

The update with auto-upload will be submitted tomorrow and should go live to all around Wednesday.

MPCowan

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! Now that the update with Auto-Upload has been submitted, I will begin work on the next big feature, setting the lockscreen. You will be able to have your lockscreen rotate through any of your sets, your favorites, or your photostream. I hope to have this feature completed by the weekend in time for a release next week the latest.

mwiberg#WN

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
How long does the approval process for the store take? Come on MS! It's been almost a week since you submitted the app - waiting impatiently for the auto upload feature.. :)

MPCowan

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for being patient :)
Due to a small bug (totally my fault), the app failed certification on Thursday. I fixed the bug and resubmitted the app this weekend.
(As a small bonus the app will now come with both auto-upload and lockscreen setting (from favorites, photostream, or any of your sets)).

I apologize for the delay, but hope the update will make up for it. Let's hope this one passes certification as quickly as possible.

Stanvx

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Yay, I had actually tried a few months ago developing an app purely for this function but I failed miserably... 1TB storage here I com! Great to know this will be available soon!

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Looks nice, haven't really done a full dive in yet, but I suspect you might need a new name to really attract people to this app. I think you should pm Daniel too. You deserve some publicity.

uncletoma

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Really great apps.
As AM photograper and Flickr user i really like it.
Better then original one.
Maybe a way to show followed ppl photoes and do commnts? ;)
(i don't see this option)

MPCowan

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Looks nice, haven't really done a full dive in yet, but I suspect you might need a new name to really attract people to this app. I think you should pm Daniel too. You deserve some publicity.

Thanks! Daniel has actually been on the beta of Viewr since its inception. I have reached out to him a few times on Twitter, but as you know he has been really busy as of late. So far the organic growth of Viewr has been great, but I would never turn down an article in WPCentral. I'll reach out again once the update with auto-upload is live and things have calmed down a bit.

MPCowan

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Looks nice, haven't really done a full dive in yet, but I suspect you might need a new name to really attract people to this app.

I agree, once the auto-upload update goes live the name 'Viewr' isn't really accurate anymore. I am open to new clever names though

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Flickr Lockr, Flickr Filer, that's all I got if you want a similar rhyming scheme. I like Flickr filer personally, rhymes, makes sense and an alliteration. Lol

MPCowan

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Great News! Version 1.3.5 has just passed certification and the update should available on the store within the next few hours!

I apologize again for the long wait, but please go forth and enjoy auto-upload and lock screen setting :wink:

Make sure to let me know what you think and if you encounter any issues. I am working on 1.4.0 which will rebrand the app to a new name (and possibly new logo) as well as add some nice polish here and there. Then it will be back to adding features.

Enjoy! :excited:

MPCowan

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Version 1.4.0 submitted tonight.

Name change to: Flickr Central
New logo

Added:
-Much cleaner settings page
-Transitions and general polish

Members online

Forum statistics