[9/20] The definitive WP File Manager - Pocket Explorer

pahutakz

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: Pocket Explorer - Beautiful, Full, File Explorer for WP 8.1

Hey Bro just found need to fix with your app :) just watch my recorded video

View As icon not constantly changing every tap. EHEH I tortured your app LOL

also this
Filename jpegfile must be JPEG File like others file name formats.

That's all what I've got for today. I hope you'll fix this on the next update :wink:

lagunacid

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Pocket Explorer - Beautiful, Full, File Explorer (Current Version: Beta 10)

Thanks man! I actually have seen the icon bug before, but only in the emulator. It works fine on my 1520 even after extensive torture; its likely a bug in how windows phone handles icons. I'll be submitting a fix for the next update! Thanks again for the detailed submission :)

For the file name, its weird! All we do is pull up the type description from the system. Maybe a different app is changing how JPGs are declared?

A new update should be coming in the next few days. I've been without internet here, so its been difficult to work!

Cheers

pahutakz

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site

Cheers awesome update with unzipping function. Waiting for zipping function :). BTW I got a little concern about unzipping because it does not automatically create folder same name with the zip file, what you did is selecting the directory ang extract all those files not in one folder.

One more thing. Is it possible to view thumbnails all of my album artwork. It will be awesome if you did. Cheers

More power! \m/

lagunacid

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

Cool update coming soon with some exclusive features :)

Good call with creating a folder - might save users from accidental overwrites. Will include it in the next update!

I've tried to include album artwork, but I haven't figured out yet exactly. Have to research a bit more on how WP manages it.

I'm actually moving to a different country in the next few days, hence the delay, but working on the app has been a good break from lifting furniture.

lagunacid

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

Last week I released an update that made navigation even faster and smoother! It also added live tiles and some other goodies.

This week some new highly requested features are coming :)
DBdZAt1.png

(dev image, not final product)

lagunacid

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Pocket Explorer - Smooth, Reliable File Explorer (Last Update: July 3)

Big update this week!

We now have Dropbox and GoogleDrive integration, joining in our full Phone and OneDrive support!
New search function and neater live tiles is also in this version.
Usability update also ensures that folders are loaded as fast as possible and are kept up-to-date.
Pocket Explorer remains the best way to maintain your offline and online files :)

Please do let me know if anyone has any feedback!

Last edited:

lagunacid

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: [7/15] Pocket Explorer - Smooth, Reliable File Explorer

That appears when the current cache is outdated, and the folder should be refreshed. (similar to how the facebook app works). I'm working on making the process seamless!

lagunacid

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: [7/15] Pocket Explorer - Smooth, Reliable File Explorer

Pocket Explorer is shaping up to be the definitive file manager for Windows Phone 8.1!
Release Candidate 3 brings in-app photo viewer, even smoother and faster folder loading, smarter Cloud browsing, and improved navigation. This on top of dozens of other improvements. If you haven't tried the app recently, I definitely recommend you do so - you will not regret your 2MB download :)

IcYd6AX.jpg

Why use Pocket Explorer over Microsoft Files?

We add several features while maintaining the speed and intuitive UI that everyone loves:
* Zip compression and extraction, to help share files
* Integration and interconnection with OneDrive, Dropbox and Google Drive, with even more to come
* Smart search for offline and online files
* Live tiles to track your storage usage at a glance
* Smart folder and file pinning
* 3 view models: details, tiles, and thumbnails
* Folder shortcuts on the home screen
* Easily access recently opened files through the recent files page
* Load up detailed file and folder properties, including MP3 and Document information
* Customize your background with any photo you'd like
* Option for higher resolution thumbnails that are not used in Files
* In-app media viewer for easier photo browsing
* Save files from other apps through the share menu
* Smart copy-and-paste to easily move files from different folders to a single target
* Upload and download files from one cloud service to the others, or save it offline to your own phone

Why use Pocket Explorer over other 3rd Party apps?

* Our goal is to make Pocket Explorer feel like a native app! (More like People, less like Xbox Music)
* We are fast, stable, easy-to-use, and pretty!
* We have a boatload of features!
* We aim to follow Windows Phone design guidelines!
* We update regularly, bringing you value every week
* We are engaged with the Windows Phone community, and listen to feedback!

Can I see what the app looks like first?

Here is a current imgur album
Pocket Explorer - Release Candidate 3 - Imgur

pahutakz

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: [7/30] The definitive WP File Manager - Pocket Explorer

I hope before zipping the files there will be a pop up textbox to put the desired zip file name instead of a newfile.zip also it would be awesome if you add internal viewing of zip files.KEEP IT UP MATE! 👍 loving the transitions, zipping and the performance

pahutakz

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site

BTW do you have any plan to put delete function in the bttom upon selecting files instead of tapping those "..." in order to select the delete function? or can you state me the reason why. thanks

lagunacid

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for your support! :)

The app uses the built-in file saving feature. It's not super intuitive, but it allows renaming on the bottom bar of the file save picker, so you can rename it from new file.zip

For the delete function, its currently in the bottom bar to avoid potential misclicks. In general I'd like to minimize accidental file deletions.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Pocket Explorer is one hell of an app. I'm loving it. :)

What I would really like to see added, as it would make the app seriously complete, is support for shared folders. I have most of my media stored on a linux server and share it via Samba. It would be awesome, if I could access these directly from within Pocket Explorer.

pahutakz

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site

but it will minimize by putting message box right? having yes or no to confirm 😊

pahutakz

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site

I think you need to change your share icon 😉.Sorry for the many request.

lagunacid

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the support dKp1977! I'm not sure if Windows Phone API allows me to access network shared folders, but ill be looking into it!

As for the delete and share buttons - the next update addresses those concerns!

Cheers :)

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the support dKp1977! I'm not sure if Windows Phone API allows me to access network shared folders, but ill be looking into it!

As for the delete and share buttons - the next update addresses those concerns!

Cheers :)

It obviously does: ShareFolder Explorer | Windows Phone Anwendungen + Spiele Store (Deutschland) ;) I'm using this app and it works very well. It's just that it could be better. :) And Pocket Explorer is almost perfect. Integrating support for shared folders would definitely set it apart from the competition. :)

lagunacid

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

Interesting! I'll be investigating how to implement that then! If it doesn't take hundreds of hours I'll be including that in the app :)

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Interesting! I'll be investigating how to implement that then! If it doesn't take hundreds of hours I'll be including that in the app :)

That would really be awesome. I'd even pay for it as in app purchase to somewhat make up for your efforts. :) If you don't make it 50 bucks or so. ;)

Indhira Marimuthu

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site

Sometimes i am getting errors like 'sorry folder does not exists' or 'we could not load this folder, it might not be accessible at this moment'
Version: 1.1.1.54

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon