[9/20] The definitive WP File Manager - Pocket Explorer

lagunacid

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: [7/30] The definitive WP File Manager - Pocket Explorer

Unfortunately I can't fix that unless I know when that happens. What triggers that error?

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

I'm having some issues with Pocket Explorer since installing yesterday's update for WP 8.1 GDR 1 DP. First it didn't let me access my sd card anymore. It showed a popup for each folder in the root of the card saying that it's currently inaccessible. I uninstalled and reinstalled Pocket Explorer, which solved the sd card issue. But now it won't let me access my device's internal storage anymore. Whenever I tap on it, it just hangs and stays there until I hold the back button and swipe down the app to close it.

amolbaikar

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm having some issues with Pocket Explorer since installing yesterday's update for WP 8.1 GDR 1 DP. First it didn't let me access my sd card anymore. It showed a popup for each folder in the root of the card saying that it's currently inaccessible. I uninstalled and reinstalled Pocket Explorer, which solved the sd card issue. But now it won't let me access my device's internal storage anymore. Whenever I tap on it, it just hangs and stays there until I hold the back button and swipe down the app to close it.

I've removed some capabilities from pocket file manager for internal access.
If do you know programming knowledge, then add again some capabilities in the WMAppmanifest.xml file.

pahutakz

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site

Same here mate with DP

lagunacid

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

I'm doing some testing on it today trying to replicate and fix the freezing issue. Will have a fix submitted to the store by tonight.

lagunacid

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

Submitting fix to the store - bug was tricky to find. New update didn't like some of the multi-threading stuff I was doing. SD Card fix also included!
Let me know if the hanging still happens afterwards - I don't have many WP devices with me to test, but I hope I got all the edge cases down.

amolbaikar, I have no idea what you're saying, sorry.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Submitting fix to the store - bug was tricky to find. New update didn't like some of the multi-threading stuff I was doing. SD Card fix also included!
Let me know if the hanging still happens afterwards - I don't have many WP devices with me to test, but I hope I got all the edge cases down.

amolbaikar, I have no idea what you're saying, sorry.

Great to hear, thank you. :) Looking forward to the update.

A question regarding Pocket Extractor though:
could you perhaps implement a feature that allows adding a new folder where files are extracted to? Like when you opened an archive and pick a folder that it automatically adds a new folder with the name of the archive in the picked destination? For example: I open an archive called "myTest.rar" and choose "sdCard/Documents/myDocs" as destination folder. Inside that Pocket Extractor will create "MyTest" as new folder and extract the files into it.

And my last question: any news about integration of shared folders yet? :)

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

I got the update this morning and the issues are fixed now, thank you. :)
What I forgot to mention though is a cache issue. When I have a folder containing pictures and delete the folder from outside of the app (from the photos hub for example), Pocket Explorer tries to reference it from the cache.

SDCard/Pictures/myPictures.. I delete myPictures from the pictures hub, launch Pocket Explorer and navigate to SDCard/Pictures. Pocket Explorer tries to load something from its cache, referrincing the now no longer existing folder and displays a popup saying it can't access myPictures anymore.

It's not a huge thing, but if it's several folders I removed, it can get a little cumbersome. :)

lagunacid

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

Weird, I don't get this caching issue. Does this happen with your non-SD folders as well? Do you have a large amount of items in that parent folder? I'll attempt to reproduce that tonight.

On extracting: Coming as well! I've been meaning to update Pocket Extractor, im just waiting on a library to be updated for WP 8.1

On network folders: Haven't had time to start on that; just started a new job in a new country, been dealing with all the bureaucracy involved in that :)

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Weird, I don't get this caching issue. Does this happen with your non-SD folders as well? Do you have a large amount of items in that parent folder? I'll attempt to reproduce that tonight.

On extracting: Coming as well! I've been meaning to update Pocket Extractor, im just waiting on a library to be updated for WP 8.1

On network folders: Haven't had time to start on that; just started a new job in a new country, been dealing with all the bureaucracy involved in that :)

The "super" parent folder contains 7 or 8 folders, each of these folders contains between 20 and 200 images.There's only one folder inside, that contains another bunch of subfolders with images inside.

I don't have any images or music on my internal storage, so I can't tell if it's happening there too. But I'll copy some files over and give it a shot.

lagunacid

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: [8/27] The definitive WP File Manager - Pocket Explorer

New update was released this week :)
Added ability to make cloud folders offline, a recent folder jump-list for quicker navigation, and a couple of bug fixes and UI improvements!

Next update will include ability to automatically update your cloud folders made offline so that you can always have the most up to date version of your cloud files saved!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99