03-12-2015 04:53 AM
254 1234 ...
tools
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add option to pin PLAYLIST to START SCREEN...... Even onemusic disappoints me because I like playing with my playlist....
    mzetko likes this.
    07-06-2014 04:28 AM
    Would love a better Music Player than the current one!
    mzetko likes this.
    07-06-2014 04:28 AM
    1- we also want clean, simple and attractive design which follows WP Metro design..
    2- also add onedrive music playback..
    3- make music playback in background as well as under lockscreen.
    4- if possible make live tile which includes playback artist/album image in background, three keys(previous, play/pause, next) and now playing track and next track info...
    5- add categories like now playing, recently added, all songs, albums, artists n more..
    6- if possible add now playing track n 3 keys in action center.
    7- allow to create playlist and add multiple songs in single attempt anytime..
    8- keep detection of unknown artists tracks by tracks name not by any unknown code like xbox music app..
    9- also add sections like local, cloud and xbox music purchase.
    10- add option to change track by swipe left n right.

also one more question,
    Can you make any all format video player app which is free of cost..???
    really need such kind of player like moliplayer
    Hello Wp8 lvr :-) ,
    thank you for joining, here is to your suggestions:
    1) Metro design - that is a given :-) . I have done the Windows UX Certification last week, so now I hope that I learnt the guidelines well. But with the early alpha versions and feedback from you, we will be able to improve the design continually, which is the best way to go :-) .
    2) OneDrive - nice idea, will consider ways to integrate it
    3) Background Audio - yes, definitely
    4) Live Tiles - album or artist art is possible, but control buttons less so, because of Live Tile limitations (although who knows what Windows Phone 9 will bring ;-) )
    5) Categories - definitely!
    6) Unfortunately, action center is now limited and can't do that...
    7) Yes, that must be there for convenience, I will make sure this feature is there
    8) Yes, and another nice thing could be a way to Auto tag the songs in albums
    9) This will depend on how we structure the app, but I suppose this could be added in the manner of filtering lists
    10) Swiping is essential, I couldn't live without that :-) !

For video player - I think when VLC releases their Windows Phone 8.1 player, that will be much more awesome than anything I could build :-) .
    07-06-2014 05:21 AM
    Hello, AgnishB, thank you for joining us :-) ! As I replied to Wp8 lvr, the VLC player will be great when it is released, those developers are amazing :-) .

Hello, ajceltus500, yes, I agree, I will make sure to keep the design clean but allow for more content at the same time.

Jonas_H, hello :-) . What burger button do you mean :-) ? I will try to follow the Windows Phone guidelines as much as possible. And with prerelease versions it will be easy to improve over time.
    ajcletus500 and AgnishB like this.
    07-06-2014 05:26 AM
    Hello, yellowspark007, pinning playlists, artists, albums is very important, the app will definitely support these options. As I think about it, pinning songs could be interesting too :-) !

xXCexXx, hello :-) , I hope that together we will be able to create a great music player for Windows Phone :-) !
    yellowspark007 likes this.
    07-06-2014 05:29 AM
    A good music player is the last thing i need on my wp8.1. Please make sure that it starts without any delay.
    I think what delays start startup of xbox music is the integration of internet where the application wants to connect first to internet before opening. If internet connection is poor, it takes ages for one to open local personal music on the phone.
    mzetko likes this.
    07-06-2014 05:43 AM
    I would like to be a part of it too.

Things I'd love to see.
    Gapless playback.
    Playlists management.
    Fast, Clean & Smooth UI.
    Song rating system.
    Dynamic playlists (year, rating, genre etc)
    Swipe to change songs.
    Nokia MixRadio integration.
    Should be able to handle metadata.
    Equalizer.
    Should be able to play DRM protected files.
    Fast app startup.
    Instant Resume.
    Should be smooth while scrolling through the songs.
    Music Timer.
    Ability to share the music (via SMS, Email & Social Networks) you are listening to.
    History Page.
    Newly added songs page.
    Unlimited songs in 'Now Playing'

This will make a perfect music player :]
    mzetko likes this.
    07-06-2014 05:55 AM
    Hey mzetko,
    I mean the thing in the upper left corner lots of apps right now are using!
    wp_ss_20140706_0002.png
    This button is pure Android style and I really don't know why so many apps start using it..
    And something else, gapless playback would be great! :)
    Last edited by Jonas_H; 07-06-2014 at 06:44 AM.
    mzetko likes this.
    07-06-2014 06:12 AM
    I think what delays start startup of xbox music is the integration of internet where the application wants to connect first to internet before opening. If internet connection is poor, it takes ages for one to open local personal music on the phone.

Sorry, your findings are wrong. I always use Wi-Fi and it has decent speed.
    mzetko likes this.
    07-06-2014 06:19 AM
    I'm in!! I'm more than willing to pay/donate for a good app.
    mzetko likes this.
    07-06-2014 06:20 AM
    I'm in!! I'm more than willing to pay/donate for a good app.
    so do I... this piece of crap app on wp8.1 is driving me nuts. yeah, there are a few other apps but they dont play DRM mp3... except for this one Musictastic | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    mzetko likes this.
    07-06-2014 07:05 AM
    It will be interesting to have last.fm integration
    mzetko likes this.
    07-06-2014 09:27 AM
    Thank you for your quick reply..

61yes nokia mixradio integration is also welcome..
    61hope app starting doesn't take too much time because here in india aore than 60-70% users still stucks on 2g network and I think similar conditions in other developing countries also so hoping app will not take more time to open for sync cloud music n xbox online music..because of this I was tell you to create sections like local(music saved in phone n sd card), onedrive/cloud, xbox, mixradio..
    so app open directly when tap on it n we can access local section quickly. keep this resuming and synchronization for other online sections..

also about VLC Player.. they r best but they r too late now.. so we all happy if u contribute some time n make free of cost for us.. what is ur opinion on "oneplayer" player.. or "playNow"??

and one more thing,

I think "WIFI Direct" feature is enabled for wp8.1 now so is it possible to develop any app for file tranfer with high speed like flash transfer and superbeam apps on android.. you know file sharing via bluetooth is too much time consuming n slow.. and not every device is NFC enabled.
    so tell me is it possible now to share files using wifi direct??
    if possible then can u develop such kind of app which works on all platforms to share big files in seconds..??
    mzetko likes this.
    07-06-2014 11:36 AM
    Nice...I'm all for better music player..

While in the song..having a fast forward and reverse would be very nice..not just a skip track or album.

Checking for all metadata on both the phones storage and on the SD card or having a folder specifically for the app that we can push the songs too maybe?

Thanks again
    mzetko likes this.
    07-06-2014 11:49 AM
    I would like to be a part of it too.

Things I'd love to see.
    • Gapless playback.
    • Playlists management.
    • Fast, Clean & Smooth UI.
    • Song rating system.
    • Dynamic playlists (year, rating, genre etc)
    • Swipe to change songs.
    • Nokia MixRadio integration.
    • Should be able to handle metadata.
    • Equalizer.
    • Should be able to play DRM protected files.
    • Fast app startup.
    • Instant Resume.
    • Should be smooth while scrolling through the songs.
    • Music Timer.
    • Ability to share the music (via SMS, Email & Social Networks) you are listening to.
    • History Page.
    • Newly added songs page.
    • Unlimited songs in 'Now Playing'

This will make a perfect music player :]
    Hello Master Chaos5, thank you for the suggestions, will add to my feature listing :-) !
    07-06-2014 12:13 PM
    Nice...I'm all for better music player..

While in the song..having a fast forward and reverse would be very nice..not just a skip track or album.

Checking for all metadata on both the phones storage and on the SD card or having a folder specifically for the app that we can push the songs too maybe?

Thanks again
    Hello MDMcAtee, thank you for joining the thread :-) .
    I would like to have a slider to go through the played song.
    Checking for metadata and finding songs on the phone will probably be implemented in the same way the Windows 8 Xbox Music does it. The default music library will be there by default and the user will be able to add additional folders where should the app search for music and data.
    07-06-2014 12:16 PM
    It will be interesting to have last.fm integration
    Hi, Marcelo Velazquez, that's an awesome idea! Will definitely check their API!
    07-06-2014 12:17 PM
    Hey mzetko,
    I mean the thing in the upper left corner lots of apps right now are using!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20140706_0002.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	325.8 KB 
ID:	71111
    This button is pure Android style and I really don't know why so many apps start using it..
    And something else, gapless playback would be great! :)
    You are right, this design is here more and more, I don't know why. Maybe it is also partially influenced by responsive web design, where this icon is almost universally used...
    07-06-2014 12:19 PM
    Hello MDMcAtee, thank you for joining the thread :-) .
    I would like to have a slider to go through the played song.
    Checking for metadata and finding songs on the phone will probably be implemented in the same way the Windows 8 Xbox Music does it. The default music library will be there by default and the user will be able to add additional folders where should the app search for music and data.
    Great..looking forward to trying it out..

Would it be possible to have a equalizer for the speakers and have the volume not always reset to a different volume when the app is closed?

Thanks again
    07-06-2014 12:22 PM
    Would love to help with your app man! Good to see you're reaching out for our opinions. Nothing can be better about an app than the dev actually listening and responding. Thanks!

So far i can tell i'd love the following things in a music app:
    1. Simple but unique and well designed UI
    2. Live tile with last played music art (artist/album)
    3. Scrubbing (definitely)
    4. One time syncing/ background syncing

Will definitely let you know if i come up with other features you can add. Thanks again man!
    mzetko likes this.
    07-06-2014 12:27 PM
    I think it would be possible to have the fastest startup time for this app if you try to remove the splash screen all together
    mzetko likes this.
    07-06-2014 01:30 PM
    A simple, clean and metro interface :)
    Fast forward and better album art view
    I'd also like to help you in beta testing . :)
    mzetko likes this.
    07-06-2014 01:49 PM
    Great approach to learning what the supporters here want the most and why in their music app. I have read extensively thru here and other communities about wp and whatever app was currently available for our phones. Went thru the long learning curve with wp8 and how to get all the appropriate art to display correctly after we had switched from wp7 and Zune. It was a long process and just when it seemed very workable it was yanked out from under us.

Here is a list of what worked (for me)
    1. I loved the "Live Tile" with an image of the artist appearing on my start screen. Everyone I showed this to thought it was awesome
    2. Even better, with the use of MPATool I was able to select the artist background art that would appear in that tile (and behind the album art). This was almost as much fun as listening to the music. If I am listening to the Rolling Stones from the early 1970"s I don't want artwork of what those guys look like today when they are nearly 80!!
    3. Almost all of my music was stored in local files on my phone. This seemed like the area that was causing MS and their customers the most grief. Trying to combine cloud, local and xbox music cache files in one app may be more than any app can seamlessly (or quickly) accomplish.

I look forward to watching your progress and btw would happily pay upwards of 10 bucks for an app that can pull these ideas together
    mzetko likes this.
    07-06-2014 02:24 PM
    I think it would be possible to have the fastest startup time for this app if you try to remove the splash screen all together
    Unfortunately, that is not possible with the new Windows Runtime XAML apps... The splash screen is a required part of the app package. I can do everything I can to display it for a short amount of time, but can't remove it completely :-( ...
    07-06-2014 02:53 PM
    if the work has been started on this app!!
    How LONG will it take to be live!!
    Hello Rahul,
    well I don't want to give any certain estimates, because the update of my other app FileEx is now also delayed, because I had to work on school exams last month. Now I have much more time, but I would prefer the app to get as good and bug-free as possible before releasing it. But the preview versions will be available for you much sooner, definitely.
    rizzo183 likes this.
    07-06-2014 02:55 PM
254 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD