03-12-2015 03:53 AM
254 12345 ...
tools
    You are right, this design is here more and more, I don't know why. Maybe it is also partially influenced by responsive web design, where this icon is almost universally used...
    Volume control is not available to developers via the first party APIs, although there seems to be a "hack" to do that. But that would risk the app being removed from Store...
    Equalizer - I did some research on that, but unfortunately it seems that the developers of the system equalizer didn't allow for app link, so there can be no way to open it from this app directly... Hopefully they will allow this later with updates.
    07-06-2014 01:57 PM
    A simple, clean and metro interface :)
    Fast forward and better album art view
    I'd also like to help you in beta testing . :)
    Hi Faraaz96, yes I will make sure the UX gets just right over the development.
    Fast forwarding and album art will be there, surely :-) .
    07-06-2014 01:59 PM
    Hello WPCentral friends,

as the Xbox Music API is now live, I would love to build a Universal Windows music player app MusicNow (working title, subject to change :-) ).

As I have seen with FileEx app (thread), the Windows Phone community has so much valuable feedback and incredible ideas that I would never be able to think about myself, so this time I would like to try it a bit differently.

I would love to have your feedback from the very start of the project, dicuss all ideas for features, design and everything else with you. Also, all users that will participate in any way will have early access to test the app from early alpha releases. I think that this way we can create something great!

Does it sound good? Would you be interested in being part of building the next great listening experience for Windows Phone and Windows?

Let me know :-) .
    We are with you. 👍
    mzetko likes this.
    07-06-2014 02:08 PM
    Would love to help with your app man! Good to see you're reaching out for our opinions. Nothing can be better about an app than the dev actually listening and responding. Thanks!

So far i can tell i'd love the following things in a music app:
    1. Simple but unique and well designed UI
    2. Live tile with last played music art (artist/album)
    3. Scrubbing (definitely)
    4. One time syncing/ background syncing

Will definitely let you know if i come up with other features you can add. Thanks again man!
    Thank you very much, rizzo183 :-) ! Yes, all features you listed are essential, and will definitely make their way to the app!
    rizzo183 likes this.
    07-06-2014 02:44 PM
    Great approach to learning what the supporters here want the most and why in their music app. I have read extensively thru here and other communities about wp and whatever app was currently available for our phones. Went thru the long learning curve with wp8 and how to get all the appropriate art to display correctly after we had switched from wp7 and Zune. It was a long process and just when it seemed very workable it was yanked out from under us.

Here is a list of what worked (for me)
    1. I loved the "Live Tile" with an image of the artist appearing on my start screen. Everyone I showed this to thought it was awesome
    2. Even better, with the use of MPATool I was able to select the artist background art that would appear in that tile (and behind the album art). This was almost as much fun as listening to the music. If I am listening to the Rolling Stones from the early 1970"s I don't want artwork of what those guys look like today when they are nearly 80!!
    3. Almost all of my music was stored in local files on my phone. This seemed like the area that was causing MS and their customers the most grief. Trying to combine cloud, local and xbox music cache files in one app may be more than any app can seamlessly (or quickly) accomplish.

I look forward to watching your progress and btw would happily pay upwards of 10 bucks for an app that can pull these ideas together
    Hello, fiveaces01,
    1. Live tile - definitely :-) .
    2. I would love to add that too - assigning images to artists and albums when you want to customize. I think that would be a great addition.
    3. I think that I havea way that could be reasonably accomplished :-) , at least I hope ;-)
    07-06-2014 02:48 PM
    This sounds amazing !!
    Would be great to finally have a good music player for windows phone!

Would you be able to add DLNA support to the app when playing music?
    mzetko likes this.
    07-06-2014 07:11 PM
    I'm not sure if this is possible but the live tile like that of music+video hub in WP8 would be most wonderful.....
    mzetko likes this.
    07-06-2014 10:38 PM
    Volume control is not available to developers via the first party APIs, although there seems to be a "hack" to do that. But that would risk the app being removed from Store...
    Equalizer - I did some research on that, but unfortunately it seems that the developers of the system equalizer didn't allow for app link, so there can be no way to open it from this app directly... Hopefully they will allow this later with updates.

The equalizer app link is possible in Lumia phones. The dev of Pocket File Manager have it in his other app System Tiles. You can ask him for help.
    mzetko likes this.
    07-07-2014 12:18 AM
    The equalizer app link is possible in Lumia phones. The dev of Pocket File Manager have it in his other app System Tiles. You can ask him for help.
    That is interesting :-) . I will try. I have found a thread where the developers from Nokia said it was not possible, so it must have already changed along the way :-) .
    07-07-2014 01:28 AM
    I'm not sure if this is possible but the live tile like that of music+video hub in WP8 would be most wonderful.....
    Sadly the anmation their tile has is not possible to add for third party app... But it will at least have the artist/album image
    07-07-2014 01:30 AM
    This sounds amazing !!
    Would be great to finally have a good music player for windows phone!

Would you be able to add DLNA support to the app when playing music?
    Awais Khanny, hello! Thank you for being here :-) .
    DLNA support sounds like a very nice thing, but I'm not sure if it is possible to develop without some special APIs. Is there any other app than Nokia Play To on the Windows Phone Store that supports this?
    07-07-2014 01:33 AM
    Sadly the anmation their tile has is not possible to add for third party app... But it will at least have the artist/album image
    Would like to have artist image on wide tile.... Album art looks blurry as experienced on other apps(mixradio tile is much better than those wide blurry tiles).
    mzetko likes this.
    07-07-2014 01:38 AM
    Would like to have artist image on wide tile.... Album art looks blurry as experienced on other apps(mixradio tile is much better than those wide blurry tiles).
    The quality could be better if we allow assigning the images directly :-) .
    07-07-2014 02:11 AM
    I think "WIFI Direct" feature is enabled for wp8.1 now so is it possible to develop any app for file tranfer with high speed like flash transfer and superbeam apps on android.. you know file sharing via bluetooth is too much time consuming n slow.. and not every device is NFC enabled.so tell me is it possible now to share files using wifi direct??if possible then can u develop such kind ofapp which works on all platforms to share big files in seconds..??
    mzetko likes this.
    07-07-2014 11:57 AM
    A nice big album art it would look lovely

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    mzetko likes this.
    07-08-2014 07:34 AM
    A nice big album art it would look lovely

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    Hello! With custom images for album art this will work great :-) .
    07-08-2014 10:06 AM
    Hello friends,

I have received an answer from the Xbox Music team regarding my developer application, I needed to provide some additional details and have now my fingers crossed that the application will go through :-) .

Thank you all very much for your support and feedback, it is great!
    rizzo183 likes this.
    07-08-2014 01:23 PM
    Hello friends,

I have received an answer from the Xbox Music team regarding my developer application, I needed to provide some additional details and have now my fingers crossed that the application will go through :-) .

Thank you all very much for your support and feedback, it is great!
    Well, I want to be a beta tester. Please inform us the day it goes through. Cant wait. Best of luck!
    mzetko likes this.
    07-08-2014 01:49 PM
    Hello AgnishB, thank you for being here :-) . I will definitely inform you here and will later also set up a mailing list so that you will be always easily up to date with any developments and have an easy way to contact me directly :-) .
    AgnishB likes this.
    07-08-2014 02:23 PM
    Awesome!! They better approve it. A third party music app is all we can rely on, since XBOX Music has so many problems.

Would love to beta test it and provide feedback and do bug reports. Do let us know.
    mzetko likes this.
    07-09-2014 05:20 AM
    Awesome!! They better approve it. A third party music app is all we can rely on, since XBOX Music has so many problems.

Would love to beta test it and provide feedback and do bug reports. Do let us know.
    Hello rizzo183, thank you for joining, I will do my best :-) !
    07-09-2014 05:55 AM
    Please include a New Releases section. I don't understand why Microsoft removed that in 8.1.

Also, this may be a little off topic, but does the API availability allow developers to create a Roku app for Xbox music?
    mzetko likes this.
    07-09-2014 06:14 AM
    Good luck with the app. If you need beta tester for your app i am ready to test it.
    Sent from Lumia 925 India using tapatalk
    mzetko likes this.
    07-09-2014 06:21 AM
    I'm waiting for this app!!
    Hope it gets released soon.
    I'm here, if you want a beta tester!
    ;)
    mzetko likes this.
    07-09-2014 06:33 AM
    Hi mzetko,
    I would like to add some ideas to the music player...
    1. able to sort the albums in the order of date added or album release date....
    2. List view and Thumbnail view in albums list.
    3.Smaller Thumbnails in the albums list to make scrolling easy, but a bigger album art in the player
    mzetko likes this.
    07-09-2014 07:10 AM
254 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD