[APP] Trash Tag

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I like the idea :) but I fail to see how this will help unless the garbage services are using the very same app or if the local authorities are willing to use this app.
Overall though, it does have potential

sramil

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I could create a website that functions just like the app so anybody can go, type a location, and see the map or the photos that need to cleaned up or learn Xamarin and push it to other platforms. I find the first one easier to do though. Will definitely look into this and improve.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I also like the idea but luckily we have an app from the "authority" which you can use to file a complain.
Like a hole in the street, a broken traffic sign but also litter.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Now that Harrie mentions "Authority"; this will most likely work better of the local people in power are asked for backup

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Usefulness aside, and I'm not trying to be offensive by any means, but am I the only one who can't look at those images for more than just a second? oO Bright red on a bright green gradient background? This hurts the eye, I'm serious.

sramil

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
No offense taken, I got similar feedback, and the update is coming. Got used to it when I was developing and never changed it.

sramil

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I pushed an update to change the colors. Also, I added a way to customize the background/header colors just in case the default color still hurts the eyes. I'm writing down the suggestions and plotting the next steps for this app. I plan to push an update next week. Thank you for the interest, I appreciate it.

sramil

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I pushed an update for Trash Tag app, please check it out. I also added the list of items/featured added to the app.

Trash Tag | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Version 1.0.1.0 (2/23/2015)
- Added 3 status icons for the photo (Posted, Clean up ongoing, Trash collected)
- All photos should have status icons so users will know what's going on with the trash
- Added details/summary page for each photo so users may know what's going on with the trash
- Added an Activities section to the trash photo so users may be able to add comments, pledge to clean the trash, schedule to clean the trash and clean it
- Added a Pledges section so users may be able to pledge to clean the trash and see other users who pledge to help clean
- Added an After Photos section so users may able to upload photos after the trash is cleaned up
- Added a way to create groups so users may be able to join groups near their area
- Added a way to share a photo to groups to increase awareness/visibility of the trash within the group
- Added a Nearby Groups page so you'd see the groups near a user's location
- Added a group photos so group members can see the photos shared in their group

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes