Multiple live tiles for Accuweather

MicrosoftNorthstar

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know if it's possible to have more than one Live Tile for the Accuweather app, in terms of having multiple cities to check the weather? Probably will have to wait for Mango and its deeplinking live tiles, but figured I'd ask anyway...

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Not so far only one Live Tile and there's an annoying bug in it that I have my temperature set to metric but on the Live tile it keeps reverting to imperial until I open the app.

Also it's weather forecast is not nearly as good as any of the other apps. We've had not a cloud in the sky for the last 3 days but it predicted rain and showers.

Needless to say it was wrong. I'ts also not very fluid when moving about the UI.

I'm sure it will improve with future updates but for me so far I'm still preferring Weatherbug & The Weather Channel apps.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Currently, no app can display more than one live tile. Some apps mimic two tiles by offering a companion app. Mango will offer multiple tile capability, but only after developers add that functionality to their apps. And as new/updated aps with Mango APIs will not be allowed in the Marketplace for some time, even with Mango Beta, we will have to wait.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
What I have been doing is using the live tiles from Weather Bug, Weather Channel and Accuweather each for a different city.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes