OneNote deleted my files!! :'(

sos710m

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I opened Office this morning and it surprised me with an automatic deletion of all my notes. They are missing from Skydrive and the app. I'm furious and I don't know what to do. I can't figure out a way to recover them.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
What the ****! One note just deleted all my notes, my word/excel/PowerPoint documents are still there, but all the notes are gone! I was moving my notes from EverNote and tried to deleted one of the pre-installed noted, and BAM it killed all my notes. What a ****ty ****ty bug!

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok, notes are not being saved to SkyDrive? Ok, guess Office's OneNote doesn't support saving to SkyDrive, guess it's back to EverNote.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok, the entire SkyDrive MS office sync is a big failure. It saves non notes to skydrive, but if you delete it from your skydrive account, it's still on your phone when you open the Office app. And before you ask, no, I'm not saving it locally on my phone, it's saving to my skydrive.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Got my notes back. *whew* On PC, log into SkyDrive, Go into the Documents folder. There will be a note that says "Personal (Web)". On the right side of the screen you will see Unified Notes section. That will have all your notes. Click on one of the notes. Close it out, then check your phone again.

I didn't ask them to "unify" my notes. I guess this is just a feature to keep from having 1000's of notes all over the place.
I opened Office this morning and it surprised me with an automatic deletion of all my notes. They are missing from Skydrive and the app. I'm furious and I don't know what to do. I can't figure out a way to recover them.

sos710m

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I will look there. I looked at the general folders and stuff. All my lists for Christmas were there :-/ if they are gone, so is a couple hours of planning.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes