Who Needs Siri Anyway ?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

Matthew Mazzenga

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Well it apparently doesn't do locations. I asked it what the weather would be like tomorrow and it said "I don't know where you live". There's nothing in the settings to set locations.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Hmm I asked it the current time in New York and was informed that it was 7 hours behind Sacramento, not what I was expecting lol

Maybe it'll be a little better with the upcoming update, still a fun app to mess around with though. :)

Sent from my HTC Titan using Board Express

Bballbenb

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I think its a great start for this developer. Microsoft could definately use a guy like this. I think this app will continue to grow and be a great app. Cant beat a free price either! Might want to grab it while it is free. Also, I found it funny to ask "Is microsoft better than apple?" Had a pretty creative answer but i wont spoil it!

Matthew Mazzenga

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Also, I found it funny to ask "Is microsoft better than apple?" Had a pretty creative answer but i wont spoil it!

Um. I got an answer that didn't even make sense. I asked "Is Microsoft better than Apple", and it responded with "Yes, I think it is. It's much better than Microsoft". lol

Also, I notice if it's a long answer, it will just cut off at some point, even if it's the middle of a sentence.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Voice control is ok. It's came a long way, but there are so many homophones in the English language Homophones - Your Complete List of Homophones . I have a contact named Leanne and every time I try to use voice control it hears Leanne as Lee and ... so it can't find the phone number. I don't think it will ever become any bigger than it is now.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Seems like it just goes to a search engine and reads off the an answer it finds. It dictated an unfinished answer to me because it wad longer than it could read.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I was checking Twitter last night, and one of my Twitter friends posted about Siri's answer to the "How much wood can a woodchuck chuck?" question.

I tried Ask Ziggy and got this:
IMG-20120627-00054.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes