Lync 2010 push notifications not working?

sniffs

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
So I load up Lync 2010, sign in and click home to exit. If I turn off my screen, push notifications don't seem to be working. I'm never alerted to messages, I don't see the drop down notification. Infact, I get an email saying I had a missed conversation. Is Push working at all for Lync 2010???

It works perfectly fine on my HTC One X+(Android), and on my iPad 2.. that's just silly that it doesn't operate correctly on MS' own OS... any ideas??

sniffs

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
What about push notifications? click the home button and turn the screen off and have someone send you an IM.. does it go through?

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have no doubt it doesn't work correctly, there are a number of issues with apps which run in the background. I will try it out tomorrow with a co-worker.

I don't even see Lync as an app which runs in the background (via the settings menu) which makes me curious if it even receives messages if it's not open in front of you.

It would be nice if the Lync functionality was integrated into the rest of the phone's messaging. I understand trying to keep the app consistent for business users but it would be nice to just have it work through messages.

sniffs

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Hmm.. you're correct, it's not setup for background tasks, yet the app itself has a slider for push notifications.. interesting.

jdixon3

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Any more info on this? My users are having the same problems with the push notifications not working when they lock their phones.

Aliandren

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Lync 2010 app doesn't appear to support run in background on WP8. My guess is MSFT will not bother fixing this as they're going to be releaseing Lync 2013 mobile app probably Q1 2013.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb