Better than Nokia Drive.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking for a navigation app with more and better features than Nokia drive. Any opinions out there?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
+1 for Navigon its expensive but it turns your device into a real GPS. It has the GPS look, feel and interface. It works well.

You got that George Jefferson

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Navagon is pricey though. Nokia drive is better than nothing at all but if you are used to having a navigation app simply 'perform' while on the road, you have no choice than to go with a complete solution than Nokia Drive. They added something called "commute". Which is supposed to, among other things, peek the traffic conditions and adjust the route. The problem here is, not only does this steer me into the heart of traffic, but you lose voice navigation. Which means you must look at the screen while in traffic. Anyway, Nokia Drive as I said isn't the worse app you could have for what it does. But in Vegas traffic, driving is serious business. Thanks all.

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
One thing to keep in mind is a lot of GPS apps are online only. If you're in an area with no signal you have no GPS. Navigon might be pricey, but you download the maps for the areas you travel to.

LordGreylock

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Another for Navigon here. I did a lot of research before buying it and I really like it. It has some great features, plus downloadable maps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2