What the heck happened to USAA app?

Ari69

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Really quick post. I've made contact with the person responsible for Mobile channel for WP8. All I can say is that it is looking good. Really sorry that I can't go into too much detail.

Aviator72

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I've pinged (yet again...) USAA on the status of a W8 app - even asked them if anyone was tracking how many manpower and dollar resources USAA was spending on answering emails and other contacts with members on this subject vs just building the app. Reply came in less than an hour:

[INFO]Thank you for checking up on the Windows 8 app. We are still experiencing issues with the Windows 7 app working on the Windows 8 phone and do not have a time frame for which the app will be released. We sincerely appreciate your patience in this matter.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

We value your business and the opportunity to serve all your financial needs.

Thank you,
Amber Hackett[/INFO]

USAA should come out with an general message to its members either stating it is or isn't intending to support W8 instead of dribbling out messages that can be interpreted either way...

sir_voltron

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I logged into my USAA account and launched a complaint...everyone should be doing this---seriously. If enough people launch complaints, they WILL do something about it.
Here's their response.

Dear Mr. xxxxxx,

Thank you for your message regarding
USAA not currently supporting an app on the Windows Phone 8. We apologize for
any inconvenience or frustration this may have caused. We have forwarded your
feedback to the appropriate department for further review. USAA is currently
evaluating what changes are needed in order for the USAA Mobile App for Windows
Phones to be the best experience available. We do ask that you visit www.mobile.usaa.com for access
to your financial needs.

It is our goal to provide quality products and
superior service to all our members. We continually look for ways to improve our
products and services for our members, and your comments will help us do
so.

We value your business and the opportunity to serve all your financial
needs.

Thank you,
William
USAA

USAA means United
Services Automobile Association and its affiliates.

Ari69

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for the long laps in communication. I was fortunate enough to speak to the developers about the USAA app. From what they tell me, internal piloting of new app will begin at the end of this year and plan to have the app available Q1 2014. I know it seems like forever but at least we do know it is going to happen (at least this is what I was told). Please don't let this information make it to the front page of WP Central.

Aviator72

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the update! Yes, a very long time and such a disappointment from a company as good as USAA normally is. Please let us know what else you hear as you hear it!

Ari69

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
It was really supposted to be released in November but testing showed some issue that had to be re-written into the app. USAA will not put out an app that is half-baked so it was decided to delay it a little so that all the bugs could be worked out. I'm thinking Jan - Feb but this is just my guess.

anon(5327207)

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Please Feel free to post this information everywhere.

I first sent a very demanding letter (Oct 31st) to the Support team and requested information on whom I could contact with authority and threatened to close my account. Today Nov 8th, I received a phone call from their offices. I was told a new app should be out by end of year. I asked, this year, next year, fiscal year? She is going to find out and call me back Monday. My Parents, Brother and myself have also, hand written letters to the below USAA address, threating to move all our accounts.

I find it saddening that Veterans with a Veterans focused firm, have to go through such extremes.

Dear Mr. Mikado,

Thank you for your ongoing correspondence regarding the availability of a USAA Mobile App for the Windows 8 Phone. We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused. At this time, you can send your feedback directly to our CEO Member Relations offices with the following address:

USAA Federal Savings Bank
Attn: CEO Member Relations, C O1 W
10750 McDermott Freeway
San Antonio, TX 78284-8426

Additionally, our Website Customer Support department is available to assist you every day until midnight Central Time. They can be reached by calling 1-877-632-3002 and saying "Website Support" at the prompt.

We value your business and the opportunity to serve all your financial needs.

Thank you,
Katie Jeannoutot
USA

bradbamford

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Guys, relax! No need for change.org or threatening letters. App is coming, just be patient.

We all hope you're right but the fact is, there isn't an app right now because of "lack of demand".
Also, I won't believe the noise until it's back in the marketplace.
Keep the pressure on them, otherwise the perception is there isn't a demand for it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2