ProShot camera app.

Ah Da Chua

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Bought this Great app!! Can make it able delete photos in the app rather than to go back to photos gallery to delete the photos in the next update?

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone!
I just wanted to pop in here and say that ProShot v2.3 is finally finished! It brings a lot of new features like a self-timer, intervalometer (for timelapse), MF Assist zoom, stability improvements, and we were able to dramatically speed up image saves -- it's just about instantaneous now! Also, the when taking burst shots, the buffer now clears a lot faster. We did find a small bug in v2.3 that made timelapse die early sometimes, but we issued an update (v2.3.1) that fixes it. If all goes well, v2.3 and the subsequent update should be available to download by Friday.

Here is a what the new UI additions look like:

ProShot v2.3 UI.jpg

I'd like to thank you all so very much for all of your support and for your kind words. We still have a lot more exciting features planned for ProShot, so stay tuned!

Last edited:

I Unquello

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
This a fantastic app in general. Congrats on a job well done! As a photographer, I appreciate finally have control over my phone camera (as much as the API will allow). One little issue I've noticed so far is that the level seems to crooked in landscape orientation on my 920. Is there a way to calibrate it?

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, there is no way to calibrate the accelerometer. ProShot's level gauge displays the data as read directly from the sensor. If you are having issues with it, it may be hardware-related I'm afraid :(

This a fantastic app in general. Congrats on a job well done! As a photographer, I appreciate finally have control over my phone camera (as much as the API will allow). One little issue I've noticed so far is that the level seems to crooked in landscape orientation on my 920. Is there a way to calibrate it?

elyodeel

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased proshot today and I think it is great. I also have this issue in landscape mode. I downloaded a level application to check that my sensor was in fact working, and it seemed be. The application I downloaded did have a calibration setting though. It was "level" made by Microsoft.

Unfortunately, there is no way to calibrate the accelerometer. ProShot's level gauge displays the data as read directly from the sensor. If you are having issues with it, it may be hardware-related I'm afraid :(

tonyluo2001

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
It's interesting to see this thread. Does it help with the 'soft focus' problem? If yes, I will be interested in buying it. After Portico update, I'm still not satisfied with the photo quality.

lfjj

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Just move the slider a bit in Clarity in Fotolabb on all pictures? That seems to fix the soft focus issue for me.

sk1d_mark

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site

Could you not add the option to "set level" , so you place your phone on a level surface and the software works out how much to add or take away from the sensor readings to produce a level ?

ie, if the software reads -2 when you select level, the line in the app then adds 2 from then on ?? or have I missed the point (wouldn't be the 1st or last time ;-) )

Rain Chua

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
all of you would recommend proshot?
Anyone tried camerapro? Bought the app but somewhat was disappointed with it. Quite laggy.
Considering to get proshot. Is the UI everything smooth?

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
all of you would recommend proshot?
Anyone tried camerapro? Bought the app but somewhat was disappointed with it. Quite laggy.
Considering to get proshot. Is the UI everything smooth?
I can absolutely recommend it. Have camera pro too but you cant take this kind of night shots with camera pro. Go for a proshot, you will not regret it.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased proshot today and I think it is great. I also have this issue in landscape mode. I downloaded a level application to check that my sensor was in fact working, and it seemed be. The application I downloaded did have a calibration setting though. It was "level" made by Microsoft.

Thanks for the info! I'll definitely check that app out later today.

Could you not add the option to "set level" , so you place your phone on a level surface and the software works out how much to add or take away from the sensor readings to produce a level ?

ie, if the software reads -2 when you select level, the line in the app then adds 2 from then on ?? or have I missed the point (wouldn't be the 1st or last time ;-) )

I certainly could, but then it becomes a question of whether or not the original surface was level with the earth or not. Such a calibration is great for games, where it's important to establish a neutral plane relative to where / how one is sitting.

I have some possible theories as to why some users are experiencing somewhat erroneous behavior.

1. Gravity is generally rounded off to be -9.8G, but depending on one's altitude, that number could be slightly higher or slightly lower, possibly enough to nudge the sensor off-axis (?)
  2. Depending on what surface one is standing on, their bodies could experience the sensation of being oriented perpendicular to the earth, while actually they are oriented at a slight angle.
  3. Assuming that the earth is a perfect sphere with no mountains, no matter where anyone was standing and looking, the horizon off in the distance would be below them. Think of a line tangent to a sphere:
    tangline.gif
  4. Last but not least, the accuracy of these tiny phone accelerometers may not be of the same caliber as those found in advanced leveling devices.

I believe the gyroscope found in some Windows Phones could be more accurate than the accelerometer, perhaps I could leverage that hardware if it is available. I will do my best to look further into this matter!

Personally, depending on where I am standing in my apartment, the level feature can feel slightly off, but when I am at the beach, things seem to align pretty well with the horizon.

CarR9

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Brilliant app, can you add another support languages??? Spanish for example (sorry for my english, I've a little forgotten!), Great app!!!

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't want to create a new thread so I am going to write this here and hope it doesn't get buried between other posts - Can people who regularly take pictures post some more pictures for comparison and if possible your settings i.e. auto, M, etc. or any tips on how you took it?

I have been using this app for a week now, tried it during day and night, with settings recommended to me before, but my photos seem super grainy sometimes and the other times nothing better than the stock camera software. I know I'm doing something wrong because so many users can't be happy after buying the app! But, I want to see what can be changed. I will add one photo that I took at night with auto settings.

WP_20130218_006.jpg

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Brilliant app, can you add another support languages??? Spanish for example (sorry for my english, I've a little forgotten!), Great app!!!

Thank you! I'm doing my best to translate ProShot into as many languages as possible -- it's been hard finding the right people. Spanish is definitely on the list!

I don't want to create a new thread so I am going to write this here and hope it doesn't get buried between other posts - Can people who regularly take pictures post some more pictures for comparison and if possible your settings i.e. auto, M, etc. or any tips on how you took it?

I have been using this app for a week now, tried it during day and night, with settings recommended to me before, but my photos seem super grainy sometimes and the other times nothing better than the stock camera software. I know I'm doing something wrong because so many users can't be happy after buying the app! But, I want to see what can be changed. I will add one photo that I took at night with auto settings.

View attachment 29079

Are you using a Lumia 920? If you are and want to take pictures at night, I'd definitely recommend switching ProShot to either M, C1, or C2, setting the shutter speed to 4, ISO to 100, and using a tripod.

Just a couple of things about your pic. First is that, looking at the EXIF and the filename, this picture was not taken with ProShot. Other than that, it looks like your lens needs to be cleaned. The streaks that you see around light sources usually means that there's some finger oil on or around the lens. This is a common issue, since it's so easy to accidentally touch the lens while handling the phone.

Also, the picture appears to be out of focus. It's hard sometimes for these phone cameras to focus on landscapes at night, since they are contrast-based autofocus systems, and there is not that much contrast at night. If you find difficulty in reaching focus using autofocus, try using manual focus in ProShot and moving the slider almost completely to the right (when it's all the way to the right, I believe that's hyperfocal, depending on the camera). I hope this helps!

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Are you using a Lumia 920? If you are and want to take pictures at night, I'd definitely recommend switching ProShot to either M, C1, or C2, setting the shutter speed to 4, ISO to 100, and using a tripod.

Just a couple of things about your pic. First is that, looking at the EXIF and the filename, this picture was not taken with ProShot. Other than that, it looks like your lens needs to be cleaned. The streaks that you see around light sources usually means that there's some finger oil on or around the lens. This is a common issue, since it's so easy to accidentally touch the lens while handling the phone.

Also, the picture appears to be out of focus. It's hard sometimes for these phone cameras to focus on landscapes at night, since they are contrast-based autofocus systems, and there is not that much contrast at night. If you find difficulty in reaching focus using autofocus, try using manual focus in ProShot and moving the slider almost completely to the right (when it's all the way to the right, I believe that's hyperfocal, depending on the camera). I hope this helps!

Thank you very much!

Thanks a lot! I used lenses and then proshot to get that pic. Could that be a reason why EXIF would mean it's non-proshot? Or have I not tapped on proshot at all while trying to grab this pic? I might have to take a few more from within the app to make sure I am using the correct lens! I would defo agree on the oily lens thing, can't get rid of it and my yellow lumia sometimes looks soaked in it esp when more than one person handles the phone. Need to carry those oleophobic cleaning stuff!

I think hyperfocal was the most helpful tip there! I always have struggled with night pictures and focus. Now it makes sense. I will be out with Pro Shot so let's see if I can learn to take good freaking pics after owning this app and Lumia 920!

Thank you VERY much! I hope more users share some of their cool pics esp if they take them on daily basis!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon