03-26-2013 02:02 PM
43 12
tools
    Kinda confused here. The peoples hub works perfect for me, I don't need a separate Facebook app considering peoples hub does the exact same thing without needing an app to do it. That's kind of the point of windows phone in a way, is that you don't need apps to do every little thing like you do for iOS.

the only downside (other than the names being way too big compared to the status updates or posts you Facebook contacts make) is it doesn't show private FB messages you get. Which I find is easily solveable by going into Facebook mobile from the browser- it runs really smooth as if it were an app and ironically is actually much better than what the android app gets you..
    My new wp8 phone coming wednesday, coming back to windows phone, the people hub show all your friends feeds? I know in wp7 that was an issue due to do facebook blocking stuff. I really loved the people hub, simple.
    02-23-2013 10:47 PM
    I don't know how it is on iOS or Android, but touch.facebook.com is terrible on IE10 on WP8. The UI looks like it's not properly rendered for the browser and there are a lot of hit and misses when you tap a button.
    02-24-2013 02:27 AM
    Facebook for iOS updated with free voice calling over Wi-Fi - Pocket-lint ........
    iOS and android gets new features while we get... Nothing...
    02-24-2013 07:10 AM
    There are several conversations about FB apps going on right now and I can't remember who posted this or where, but there's an app called webapps and it will let you easily pin a bunch of different apps. The FB web app is tons better. Only downside is no notifications but combine it with the built in WP8 stuff and I feel like its a pretty good FB experience. Sorry if this is off topic or rehashing what everyone else knows but it was helpful for me and maybe it will be for someone else!
    this! It is basically touch.facebook.com with a nice tile. Not a live tile. I find that this "webapp" works better than the IE version even thou it is only a IE wrapper.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express
    02-24-2013 10:26 AM
    Facebook app for android = touch.facebook.com on WP.
    it is much better than touch version. It is much more fluid and runs better.
    02-24-2013 10:27 AM
    I don't know how it is on iOS or Android, but touch.facebook.com is terrible on IE10 on WP8. The UI looks like it's not properly rendered for the browser and there are a lot of hit and misses when you tap a button.
    That's odd - the icons are sharp and appear to be placed correctly on mine - can you post a few screenshots so we can see what you're talking about? Here's mine (Black Lumia 920 / Portico / IE10 unmodified / touch.facebook.com):

wp_ss_20130224_0001.jpgwp_ss_20130224_0002.jpgwp_ss_20130224_0004.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20130224_0001.jpg   wp_ss_20130224_0002.png   wp_ss_20130224_0004.png  
    rockstarzzz and Bee Mon like this.
    02-24-2013 10:43 AM
    Has anyone tried Facebook viewer, has got high rating on the marketplace

http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=...8-77426f1aec50
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 using Foroplex beta
    02-24-2013 10:45 AM
    it is much better than touch version. It is much more fluid and runs better.
    I have it on my Sensation XL, doesn't run any better than touch.facebook.com on Lumia 920. I agree, I can't upload photos, but I can do that in a much better way natively.
    02-24-2013 11:00 AM
    So we're pretty much in April now and still awaiting any sort of update or announcement on the situation. Appears Microsoft simply doesn't care to improve things.

They have even abandoned the Facebook for Windows Phone Facebook page, no update since 1st July 2012.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Faceb...772540?fref=ts

What a load of crap
    03-26-2013 11:25 AM
    Just because they don't update doesn't mean the app is abandoned! There are SO many apps and games in all OS stores that never get update after release - are they abandoned? Can't believe you dug this old thread btw! Well done ;)
    03-26-2013 11:38 AM
    Just because they don't update doesn't mean the app is abandoned! There are SO many apps and games in all OS stores that never get update after release - are they abandoned? Can't believe you dug this old thread btw! Well done ;)
    it was my thread. was easy to find.

When an app is plagued by numerous bugs including refreshing the page and going to the top of the news feed, poor notification system and most basic features, and most likely being the most popular app on Windows Phone, i'd think they wouldn't ignore their customers and would try to do everything they could to get the app to standards, but they just have their thumb stuck in their ***.

I know 2 people personally that left Windows Phone and got an iphone due to the facebook app, with the help of other stuff like no instagram, but facebook app being a load of crap played a big role.

They seriously need to get their act together. Hopefully their big app coming this week is a major refresh of the facebook app.
    03-26-2013 11:44 AM
    Wish Nokia would just take over Facebook App and run with it.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    03-26-2013 11:51 AM
    it was my thread. was easy to find.

When an app is plagued by numerous bugs including refreshing the page and going to the top of the news feed, poor notification system and most basic features, and most likely being the most popular app on Windows Phone, i'd think they wouldn't ignore their customers and would try to do everything they could to get the app to standards, but they just have their thumb stuck in their ***.

I know 2 people personally that left Windows Phone and got an iphone due to the facebook app, with the help of other stuff like no instagram, but facebook app being a load of crap played a big role.

They seriously need to get their act together. Hopefully their big app coming this week is a major refresh of the facebook app.
    They know this! That is exactly why they couldn't care less to invest a lot of time. If that app with all the flaws you indicated, is one of the most popular ones, clearly there is an audience who just put up with it. The day when it goes down to 1 star and the app downloads are lower than those fart apps and they ignore development, that's when it will be truly abandoned.
    03-26-2013 12:05 PM
    People hub does everything I need for both twitter and facebook. Only reason I ever use the Facebook site on my phone or twitter app on my phone is if I want to delete a post or tag people in a post. Wish those features will come to the people hub.
    03-26-2013 12:08 PM
    Maybe I've missed it, though I feel I've scoured the app, I can't find a 'Share' option. I think thats a major FAIL. I agree, it needs to be made by Facebook themselves or NOKIA should do the honors..Why worry about Instagram if your other apps are horrid? That's just my basic argument.
    Last edited by Lumiaddict; 03-26-2013 at 01:01 PM.
    afgzee likes this.
    03-26-2013 12:11 PM
    I don't get notifications from the people hub, and when you have family in certain countries they rely on facebook for day-to-day communication i'll help if we had a working app
    03-26-2013 12:19 PM
    I don't get notifications from the people hub, and when you have family in certain countries they rely on facebook for day-to-day communication i'll help if we had a working app
    Ahh I forgot about that. Yes it has the notifications page you can check at anytime, I would also like toast notifications in the people hub.
    03-26-2013 12:58 PM
    Facebook for iOS updated with free voice calling over Wi-Fi - Pocket-lint ........
    iOS and android gets new features while we get... Nothing...
    yea man it sucks they need to address this asap
    03-26-2013 02:02 PM
43 12