05-30-2014 07:27 PM
3,811 ... 2829303132 ...
tools
    Has happened to me too ! The only fix seems to be a restart. I am not sure but I guess each time it happened , it was when the battery saver was on , but like I said I am not really sure about it. Funny how an app can affect the System!
    its always happen to me and without the battery saver enabled... If the problem stays i will uninstall the app until they make a fix
    07-15-2013 10:04 AM
    I got the latest version of Whatsapp running on my girlfriend's Nokia Lumia 800 with WP7.8. Now Whatsapp only works when connected to 3G and not to WiFi. As soon as I connect to WiFi Whatsapp claims it is disconnected. Connected to 3G only: Whatsapp states it is online.

Obviously Whatsapp is not working when it states it is offline.
    07-15-2013 10:33 AM
    @ Plantje, on my Lumia 900 it's the other way around!

On 3g it never connects right away, and sometimes takes up to an hour to connect en receive en send my messages. Sometimes it helps when I restart Whatsapp a couple of times. On wifi it works perfect. I'm always connected with 3g or 3.5g. When it does connect it works fine if I keep chatting, if I don't touch Whatsapp for something like an hour it's disconnected and won't easily reconnect..

My provider (T-Mobile) does not have a sollution, while Whatsapp says it must be the APN setting. (T-Mobile says they don't know them for WP7..)

Anybody here knows a sollution? Excuse me for my English, it's a bit rusty haha.

Thanks in advance!
    07-15-2013 11:40 AM
    This has happened to me twice since the update.
    same issue here after 2.10.491 update........ no matter if its over wifi or 3g /2g connection.. always get the push error, restart your phone....
    Lumia 920 1308 firm
    07-15-2013 11:53 AM
    I'm facing a very strange problem with my lumia 920 after installing the whatsapp, My apps had suddenly stopped opening up, (except people, music, clender, photos) then i did a soft reset and then everything worked fine. now after a day today i'd this problem again. so what i did, i just uninstalled the whatsapp form my phone and wow everything is working fine now... So is it a problem with whats app or with phone...?? should i do a hard rest... please suggest
    07-15-2013 12:15 PM
    Happened the same to me,,I thought it was because of the screen update

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    07-15-2013 03:57 PM
    @ Plantje, on my Lumia 900 it's the other way around!

On 3g it never connects right away, and sometimes takes up to an hour to connect en receive en send my messages. Sometimes it helps when I restart Whatsapp a couple of times. On wifi it works perfect. I'm always connected with 3g or 3.5g. When it does connect it works fine if I keep chatting, if I don't touch Whatsapp for something like an hour it's disconnected and won't easily reconnect..

My provider (T-Mobile) does not have a sollution, while Whatsapp says it must be the APN setting. (T-Mobile says they don't know them for WP7..)

Anybody here knows a sollution? Excuse me for my English, it's a bit rusty haha.

Thanks in advance!
    T-Mobile in the Netherlands requires just the word "internet" as APN. That's all I know. Perhaps that'll fix your issue.
    07-15-2013 04:29 PM
    I'm facing a very strange problem with my lumia 920 after installing the whatsapp, My apps had suddenly stopped opening up, (except people, music, clender, photos) then i did a soft reset and then everything worked fine. now after a day today i'd this problem again. so what i did, i just uninstalled the whatsapp form my phone and wow everything is working fine now... So is it a problem with whats app or with phone...?? should i do a hard rest... please suggest
    hello mate, its a whatsApp issue.
    im facing the same problem. It is triggered when you press "back" on whatsapp screen and can get the "connectivity error". If you click "exit" on that poup-up dialog,
    and actually dont reboot the phone, the bug happens.
    So, to avoid this try clicking "cancel" instead...
    Pardeep Jha likes this.
    07-15-2013 04:49 PM
    Never got that issue on my 920. I just have 4 apps running in the background including whatsapp
    07-15-2013 10:20 PM
    Thanks mate, I got upset with that issue, and performed a hard reset, thinking that it might be a phone problem.. Good to know that nothing is wrong with the phone. the problem is whatsapp
    Disappointed with the whats app team, they released the update after so long and still there are lots of bugs. I'm trying to click cancel now every time

Thanks birdmb, hope whatsapp fixes this issue fast ( and looking the whatsapp's team current speed, this bug will be fixed by the new year)
    07-16-2013 12:14 AM
    Hi there, should I unblock whatsapp in background tasks as I don't get notifications unless I open whatsapp, I just wanna know if it will run amok on my battery like the last version,thanks in advance
    07-16-2013 06:56 AM
    Hi there, should I unblock whatsapp in background tasks as I don't get notifications unless I open whatsapp, I just wanna know if it will run amok on my battery like the last version,thanks in advance
    I dind`t block whatsapp from my background tasks and my battery life is fine.
    07-16-2013 07:08 AM
    Cool thanks a million, will turn the beast back on now 😃
    07-16-2013 07:27 AM
    Now have to get a micro sim to start using my Lumia 720 again... will feedback after two days.
    07-16-2013 07:36 AM
    I blocked WhatsApp. Didn't make any notable difference...
    07-16-2013 08:46 AM
    Right yous aren't gonna believe this, I have a tune paused about 20 mins and now trying to play it is bringing me into whatsapp but I resumes fine when I press the volume rocker and hit play, so it's not completely scrubbing the song , what's the deal there???
    anadi1984 likes this.
    07-16-2013 01:21 PM
    ^^ what phone are you on?
    07-16-2013 07:00 PM
    Right yous aren't gonna believe this, I have a tune paused about 20 mins and now trying to play it is bringing me into whatsapp but I resumes fine when I press the volume rocker and hit play, so it's not completely scrubbing the song , what's the deal there???
    Correct! On my lumia 800, the audio API is no longer messing up with the playing songs !
    07-17-2013 02:46 AM
    Lumia 920, it doesn't mess up the song but sometimes if I go into the music app when it's paused and play it,it opens whatsapp,the only way to resume is to press the volume rocker and hit play there
    07-17-2013 04:02 AM
    Haven't had this happen to me on my 620

I have noted a marked increase in battery life with the new version, phone was going for 17 hours yesterday since last charge with 43% battery left which is way better than the 12 or so hours I used to get out of a full charge.
    07-17-2013 04:15 AM
    I hope the next update gives the ability to choose background wallpaper and faster app loading time on 512mb devices !!
    Jonathan Piferrer likes this.
    07-17-2013 04:16 AM
    I hope the next update gives the ability to choose background wallpaper and faster app loading time on 512mb devices !!
    My loading times are a lot better with the current update, but there is still room for improvement. Using a 620
    07-17-2013 04:24 AM
    When I hit the volume button, I noticed that the audio API icon showed up, had to restart my phone, and started having whatsapp issues with notifications and warnings leading to app crashing and not opening, it fixed itself after a few restarts. I think they didn't remove audio api completely, it's still there, just operating differently.
    07-17-2013 08:42 AM
    So, is there a way to change your Status from "Hey There, I am using Whatsapp" ?
    07-17-2013 09:32 AM
    So, is there a way to change your Status from "Hey There, I am using Whatsapp" ?
    yes. In "chats", the third icon on the menu bar is "my status"

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...EM7fqfHpkQ1qWI
    07-17-2013 09:41 AM
3,811 ... 2829303132 ...