WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
hey no.. he created one more thread and in that its said that the battery saver is OFF and also enabled Whatsapp in background :p

I won't make efforts to locate the thread, break my fingers to type and tell him that he needs to reset the phone & reinstall whatsapp.
He is doing something wrong for sure, deal with it, lol.

JoAndRoPo

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

Just recently I deleted all the messages from WhatsApp. And now when ever I get a message from one my friend, his name doesn't appear on top of my contact list. I have to scroll all the way down to view his message.

This never happened before, when I deleted all the messages from WhatsApp.

Is there a setting for this? And I have a Lumia 520

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

Just recently I deleted all the messages from WhatsApp. And now when ever I get a message from one my friend, his name doesn't appear on top of my contact list. I have to scroll all the way down to view his message.

This never happened before, when I deleted all the messages from WhatsApp.

Is there a setting for this? And I have a Lumia 520

If you are looking under the "favorites" you will have to scroll to the name. But if you are looking under "chats" then the conversation with the most recent message appears at the top of the list.

joy_forceindian

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys i have lumia 520...recently i updated to amber update...ever since amber update i cannot view old messages in whatsapp Groups....i can view old messages from friends as i scroll up but for groups i can only see 10 messages per page......because of this i miss messages most of the time & i dont understand what my friends are talking about as i dont have the context....any peculiar setting i dont know of?

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys i have lumia 520...recently i updated to amber update...ever since amber update i cannot view old messages in whatsapp Groups....i can view old messages from friends as i scroll up but for groups i can only see 10 messages per page......because of this i miss messages most of the time & i dont understand what my friends are talking about as i dont have the context....any peculiar setting i dont know of?

Reinstall whatsapp.

agd87

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Guys, I read in another blog, from a user who is a beta tester, that soon there will be another update which will allow us to pin a single conversation to Start screen and also introduce the option to magnify the text (bigger characters) - feature for the people with eye problems. There was no detail on the release date though.

View attachment 47091

View attachment 47092

This is a nice feature. Thanks for posting. Looking forward to the next update.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
2 big problems so far

• Still seeing the connectivity errors popup notice whenever I exit Whatsapp.
  • Picture taken in landscape mode will not be rotated to portrait when attaching to messages. No such problem on Android.

And when Whatsapp going to have new updates again? It has been such a long time since the last update..... :angry:

makarand14

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Rant

I've used WhatsApp since December 2011 on Android. I renewed it in Dec '12 when my free year was up. I then moved to WP8 in May '13.

Frankly, WhatsApp has tons of issues on WP8. Read in recent news that WhatsApp is going to launch support for Nokia Asha devices. conversations nokia com

The company isn't focused on WP8 platform? They definitely don't show it publicly.

Now, as October comes to an end and December approaching in the next 5 weeks, I am in a dilema as to whether renew it? It probably wont get updated before my subscription is up. If I don't renew it, I lose access to WhatsApp. Arrgh!

anyway, how does one renew WhatsApp on WP? There is no payment link in settings. their FAQ is empty on this topic.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
WhatsApp is a software so to get more people onto Whatsapp, they're expanding their software support to all the available phone platforms... I dont think they can only be focused on WP8 or Neglect WP to go for Asha in particular. They have developed a pretty decent(still some bugs like crashing a few times, etc) WP8 software version now in WhatsApp compared to what it was a few months back(the previous version was totally unstable and had a huge audio API bug which was draining the battery all the time). Now they have optimized it. Anyway, to renew Whatsapp, go to the software, go to Settings-> Swipe left/right to go to "Account" tab. At the bottom of the page, there is a "purchase service" or "email purchase link" .

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
My HTC One just received an update to Whatsapp on Android. But it is so quiet for the Windows Phone version. Whatsapp actually appeared in the Nokia World saying that they are supportive, blah blah blah, but why WP version of Whatsapp is missing updates and I'm still seeing the stupid connectivity error prompt?? C'mon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon