WhatsApp Questions and Answers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Then you should consider reinstalling WA?
As far as i know, they said they changed the whole app and got rid of the old code, and they confirmed that the audiostream has been removed completely.

I'm running 2.11.356 reinstalled a number of times. The audio api is still there, you can see it when you are sending/receiving media and when you are running the app in the background.

Last edited:

sharmakartik93

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
What is the use of running whatsapp in background. If we get all the notifications with whatsapp blocked in background tasks. Please tell what is the use of background tasks.

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
What is the use of running whatsapp in background. If we get all the notifications with whatsapp blocked in background tasks. Please tell what is the use of background tasks.

I didn't know about that. As I have blocked background tasks of WhatsApp. By blocking WhatsApp in background, you can save battery( I think) and no audio stream.
In data sense please restrict background data off, or may on when data near limit.
By this you will get instant notifications with good internet & save battery.

bssnik

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Background disabled don't mean that the audio stream come or come not😉 the audio stream will always come when you send a picture,video and leave WhatsApp before it is uploaded and the other scenario is that your network is bad and It sends the message in background. The background agent is only for saving messages in background. Try it, enable background agent and take the flight mode on and you are still able to see the messages without connection. Disable the agent and do the same won't let you read messages without connection..

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
My life revolves around updates these days. Updates, updates, updates. I can't take this anymore. I need the new whatsapp, I need Facebook blue, I need wp8.1
Oh lord have mercy and bring us these pleasant updates.

Udit Guru

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
If u r sending a video file or downloading a video file...this is where the background task works...disable it and try sending a video ...once u exit the app , it will stop sending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon