My weather apps aren't updating

jswantek

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I have both Amazing Weather and The Weather Channel apps on my AT&T Lumia 920. (the generic Weather Channel app, not the one Nokia changed) My problem is that the live tiles for these two apps aren't updating unless I open the app fully. I checked my settings and they are set to update. I don't believe it's a phone problem, because my other live tile apps (Fox News, BBC News, etc) update as they should. It's just my weather apps that don't update. Everything else works fine.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I with I had some news for you but I have the same problem with weather apps on my L920. I ever thought it be better to buy a license for the app but it doesn't matter. Neither weather app will update. Even worse, my Chornos app quit updating as well. I removed all background tasks except for Amazing weather and it made no difference at all.

Since it did update once upon a time, I suspect the problem is the result of another app I have installed killing live tiles. The last big apps I remember installing before this issue are Proshot, Camera 360, Pixl For Flickr, Money Wallet and Blur. I plan to start there uninstalling these and see it this doesn't help.

Let me ask you this, how many tiles are on your phone home screen? I also suspect there may be a limit.

onedrummer2401

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Same problem. In fact all my apps aren't updating now. WPCentral hasn't updated in eons, but I think that's the app. Baconit won't update anymore and neither will Amazing Weather or 627. Am. Oddly enough, Bing translate still does daily (knock on wood). Live tiles and notification issues are my biggest gripe on windows phone right now, I'm on 7.8. I hoped it would work in 8, disappointed it's not./

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
i thought that was a wp7 thing sueha

Unfortunately, its not happening only on the 900. I have a L920 WP8 and it is happening. What it means is those "live" tiles are not really live anymore. Something is breaking the live tile functionality on the OS level in WP8 and probably WP7.5 as well..

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Back in WP7 days I downloaded an app (forgot which one though) and it shut down ALL my live tiles. That sounds like the case here. I know for a fact, me (8X), my fiance (810), brother (620) and mom and dad (920) all are updating fine. 3 of us on mobile, mom and pops on ATT.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Back in WP7 days I downloaded an app (forgot which one though) and it shut down ALL my live tiles. That sounds like the case here. I know for a fact, me (8X), my fiance (810), brother (620) and mom and dad (920) all are updating fine. 3 of us on mobile, mom and pops on ATT.

I suspect you're right. Something I installed on my phone is killing live tile updates. My only worry is even if I could remove it, it my not fix the issue short of a factory reset.

jswantek

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Only four live tiles; The Weather Channel, Amazing Weather, Fox News and BBC America. Wish I knew what was causing this, it's annoying.

onedrummer2401

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
It's getting ridiculous. Bing translate is literally the only tile that updates anymore. Amazing weather won't even update anymore, which is incredibly irritating.

hb2p

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same problem w/ Amazing Weather, Chronos Calendar and Battery Level. I first noticed it when the 1308 firmware update came out a few weeks ago. I don't think the 1314 update solved this.

onedrummer2401

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
you shouldnt be checking the first two :p
Background tasks should be enabled and you shouldnt be in battery saver mode

That's what I meant. I've disabled and reenabled the background tasks and the rules don't update whether I'm on battery saver or not. My "checks" just meant I've already tried messing with those settings.

Gergolos

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I am using 7.8 (8862.144) and my Amazing Weather seems to update. The thing is: it seems to have issues sometimes. I pinned Facebook, a Fuse group of RSS-Feeds, DAS Image and WPcentral on my Startscreen for some testing. The result after two days: the facebook app updates maybe twice a day...totall bs...Fuse never updated. WPcentral neither...Das Image did change the image on the live tile a few times. Although I don't know how often it is supposed to do that... amazing weather updated "fine". But I realized that a few times there was no update for several hours...

Really sucks! I hope MS gives us another update where all the live tiles are live again... On WP8 AND WP7.8!

Last edited:

Red920

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I've had some similar problems with live tile updates on WP8 recently. At first I thought it was a problem with my battery app, so I tried 2 other apps and they didn't update either. Then I noticed that my calendar apps were still stuck on yesterday's date. A soft reset bumped the date to today, but I am unsure if they will auto-update tomorrow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes