What keeps you organized on WP8?

Gurggles

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I am on a quest to become more organized, as my job has me bouncing around from issue to issue at a brisk pace. So I thought I would turn to the Community and ask,

"What apps do you use (first party or third party) to stay organized in your daily life, and/or professional?"

Currently I am using a L920, and a third gen iPad (wifi only). The two do not work as well together as I would like, but they do NOT have to.

*I use One note at the moment but lately it has been flaky (currently crashes if I updated Onenote from W8, then reopen on my L920).
Excel in office is fine but I find having to jump between cells to be a minor frustrating experience.
I would love an app that can update how many To-Dos are unaccomplished on my lockscreen as a constant reminder to stay focused.

*Calender in WP8 is a joy to use, but I am frustrated that I cannot change the color of a event if I did not already create one on my computer/skydrive. I would love Family Room that much more if it worked better with WP7 (the girlfriend uses a Focus 2). I apologize if I am missing a feature. :confused:

....So I ask again "What apps do you use (first party or third party) to stay organized in your daily life, and/or professional?

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi!
I use multiple apps to stay organized.

For location wise (when arriving at the location) LocationMinder
For daily home task : SimpleDo
For appointments : Buit-in Calendar + AppoinTile (shows more info on the live tile)
For voice tasks : If for example I'm driving and thinking about something I need to schedule, I use Maluuba.

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I use the integrated Calendar for appointments and tasks. OneNote for all my notes (I have a lot of notes) and on the go annotations. SkyDrive for all my files.

One app used since WP originally launched was Tasks. I still use it for it's live tile ability to show pending tasks. If you want this feature, Tasks is great and has many other features like reminders, projects and more. Unfortunately, it can't sync with your Outlook tasks, but it can help you see your pending to-do's in its live tile to keep you aware.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I too, have been hunting for tools to keep track of and to help me organize projects (at home, personal, work, social, Continuing Education, and Professional Organizations) and each of their many tasks. I need it to work with Outlook and Exchange. I've been looking for a long time but haven't found a solution. I keep thinking that someone will develop a solution. I've given it alot of thought over the years. It needs to be context sensitive, have a priority system and (If I'm not asking too much) have the priorities be relative and increment as Tasks are accomplished. (Single and Multi-User)

Thoughts?

Onager1286

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I've been using 2 Day. It syncs with Toodledo, which is great. The app works well enough, but I sure wish something like Wunderlist or Any.Do would come to windows phone.

As for notes, I use OneNote, and its pretty fantastic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2