What phone are you using these days?

mech1164

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
After my 640 I went to Nokia android one phone then lately i've been on a Pixel 3xl now Pixel 7. Though I do double fist with an iPhone Xr when I switched carries. If Google hadn't actively sabotaged WP they could have been the viable third option.

Windreiter

May 13, 2021
Visit site
First I had a Nokia 5.3 and now an 8.3 5G. It´s very good for me but I still miss my Lumias (had a 630 and a 950 XL). This design, the cameras (of course, my Nokia has a good one), and Windows Mobile. I am not using Google Sevices at all, so it´s always a compromize for me with Android One.

Last edited:

truefluke

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I went from the 950 XL to (at first) a Nokia 7 Plus (Android One), LG G7 One (also Android One), and my current one: Pixel 5. I still keep my 1020 around for recording quick HQ videos.

CammKelly

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
Since moving from my 950XL, I've struggled trying various different vendors phones, but always got frustrated with the amount of crapware (Samsung, Oppo, et al) or how walled the ecosystem was (Apple).

Finally was happy with a Pixel 6 Pro, Google decided to actually do decent specs, and I had a phone with a limited amount of crapware.

It also helps that Android has Launcher 10, which has given me back most of the UI that I liked with WinPhone.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
After my Lumia 920, I switched to Android. I've used the OG Moto X, Moto X Pure Edition, LG V20, Samsung Galaxy S10+. My current device since February 2022 has been the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra.

ZhekaDrummer

May 29, 2018
Visit site
I jumped to Xiaomi Mi A1, then A2, but when I flashed it with PixelExperience ROM, I realized that Pixel Android is the best smartphone OS in the world (so far). Now I am a happy owner of Google Pixel 6a :)

Cow oy6201

May 2, 2023
Visit site
I really Miss W10 Mobile and my 950.
But now I'm on the dying Surface Duo and just got the S23 Ultra 512gb what an awesome phone it is, the Camera is unblevabley Crazy good.
But I'll always miss my WP, my Lumia 1020 took the best pics.

Attachments

• received_1214291096142299.jpeg
    received_1214291096142299.jpeg
    283.3 KB · Views: 2

Jez Corden

Staff member
Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I really Miss W10 Mobile and my 950.
But now I'm on the dying Surface Duo and just got the S23 Ultra 512gb what an awesome phone it is, the Camera is unblevabley Crazy good.
But I'll always miss my WP, my Lumia 1020 took the best pics.
loved my 1020, had so much fun with that phone. especially doing light painting with the shutter speed controls. it was so far ahead of other phones at the time for cameras.

i use s23 ultra as my main phone now, i love it, but it's nowhere near as "fun" as windows phone.

Ben Wilson

Staff member
Nov 6, 2021
Visit site
I went to an S10, then S20 FE, but the Samsung oversaturation of red in my pictures was terrible and inexcusable, so I switched to a 4a 5G, which had an awesome camera, and now a Pixel 6a, which also has an amazing camera. Every once and a while I pull out my old 950 XL...it was such a great phone! Fond memories of what could have been...

I am leaning towards a Google Pixel tbh.

The Pixel 7 looks great, although I know there's supposed to be a Pixel 7a coming soon. I just want a better camera without annihilating my bank account with a Samsung flagship.

North Europe

Apr 24, 2023
Visit site
I don't even remember how many different Windows Phone I used in the past. I was actually making them in Nokia/Microsoft. Miss the phones and Nokia :-(

Tried Android for a while, but in 2015(?) I got my first iPhone from work and after that it has been all iPhones, 13 Pro at the moment.

Ben Wilson

Staff member
Nov 6, 2021
Visit site
Starting to debate if the Google Pixel 7 Pro is worth the extra cash.

Obviously the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra has a fantastic camera, but I can't warrant spending that kind of cash on a phone lol.

TheFerrango

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Now on an iPhone 14 after jumping ship five years ago on the iPhone 8. Before that was a Lumia 925 (best phone I ever had) and a Samsung Omnia 7.

Annie_M

Jan 31, 2019
Visit site
I'm currently using an iPhone 12 Pro, which I have really loved. I'll most likely be getting an iPhone 15 pro sometime around Christmas!

Ben Wilson

Staff member
Nov 6, 2021
Visit site
I was mildly intrigued by the Google Pixel Fold until I saw the price. lol.

Seems like the regular Pixel 7 is the top candidate now; the 7 Pro doesn't really offer enough to warrant the extra spend. I'd prefer to get the standard model with extra storage.

Jack Pipsam

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently using a Samsung A52, prior to this I had a Samsung S8 which I bought at launch. I was happy with the S8, but wasn't willing to pay the higher S prices at the time and frankly didn't see the point as I don't use my phone for games or anything like that.

Prior to the S8 I was Windows Phone with the Lumia 830, I used that until Windows Phone was proper dead. It was lucky enough to be one of the few devices which could be upgraded to Windows Mobile 10, although it didn't get the final year or so of proper support.

At the time I could have been stupid and got a 950, but it was already dead so I jumped straight to Android.

The only problem I have with my A52 is the battery life isn't great and I'll likely get something new at some point, but I don't know what. I'll either get the latest A series when a new come comes out as the S just isn't worth the price to me. I'm not likely to be using DEX or anything.

Choco

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Lumia 950 me and my wife.
Lumia 810 with windows 10 still rocks.
As of 08-01-2023 Microsoft sever is blocking outlook email error: your outlook account settings are out-of-date

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss