New Facebook App for WP8! Finally!!

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
It's a great app altogether. Definitely a nicer one than the existing app. I love it and I'm glad they've totally revamped the look. Feels beautiful and Metro and functional at the same time.

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
i hope pplz won't forget this is still a BETA version, it might be a bit buggy and laggy or still have some missing features! that's why it's important to send feedback to MS, to help them improve it!

now now this new FB is amazing, i'm loving it :D it's a lot like Android/iOS app BUT it's still Metro!

i love that we can finally share, pull to refresh and have big image tumbnails <3

finally a good reliable official FB app! this will help WP a lot, good job MS!

Tomanband

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Installed it, uninstalled the older one. Hopefully this one comes with notification for messages.

i sent myself a few messages from another account 45min ago, no notification has arrived so far :cry: (you don't get poke notifications either by the way)

At least now we know that they will read our feedback. So please report this too!

sandmanfvr

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Wow blown away, now we know that people hub isn't going the get the stuff but this app and I am fine with that. It is laggy, reshare and tag don't work alot, but when all this comes together.....wow. I am shocked and glad this is coming out. Also pinning the messages is awesome. When this gets ironed out will be great. Haven't seen toast work just yet.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
They want anything you can find wrong reported. So put it through it paces with everything you would like it to do and report it!

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
reported the reverse order of comments...it needs to match all other FB apps and website views and be oldest at top, newest on bottom.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
It's on a slower side especially when going to posts, photos. Swiping between the main profile side bar, main window is fast. Will post more later..

Slenzen

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
The new app is awesome, fast, fluidic and surpasses both ios and android version!! But why MS is ditching Metro style! The app can still be awesome in metro style! They are the uniqueness about windows phone!!

Ridlah

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
It should be for 7.5/.8 because Facebook made a refresh version of their app exclusive for gingerbread android phones

nMIK-3

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I noticed this directly from the Windows Phone Blog post:

"If, on the other hand, you want to see where we and the Facebook team are headed..."

Hopefully this means that Facebook is now directly involved with the Windows Phone App development

odoggyfresh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The new app is awesome, fast, fluidic and surpasses both ios and android version!! But why MS is ditching Metro style! The app can still be awesome in metro style! They are the uniqueness about windows phone!!

I agree. I wish they had at least kept the banner image at the top from the other FB app. at least give it it's own style, but with all the abilities as this current beta app.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Wow. SOOO much better than the original WP model. I dont care about apps looking or working like the iPhone/Android counterparts...however this App is a huge step forward. It's cleaner, more fluid, easier to navigate and more streamlined. Im very happy...already removed my old FB app lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss