Whatsapp, Line, Wechat notifications not working.

Alexander Tan

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi all. I posted this in the Windows 8 guide forum and they sent me here. Maybe someone can help me here. I own a 920. I have not have any major problems with it since I purchased it earlier this year, except for the one time when I had to sent it back to Nokia to reformat after the previous buggy update. However, recently, the notifications for my Whatsapp, Line and Wechat all just stopped. I cannot receive any notifications of new messages at all. At the same time, my facebook chat mysteriously came back to life a few days ago after I installed the latest version of the fb app. It had not been working properly since almost the beginning of my using the 920. But now, fb chat is down too. I am left to only using sms to keep touch with ppl. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Whatsapp, fb and it didn't work. I don't relish resetting the phone. Can anyone help me with this problem since it is extremely irritating.

Last edited:

Alexander Tan

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
So the problem is with MS's servers and there is not likely to a solution until a new update from MS or Whatsapp? Wow, this sucks big time. :unhappy:

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
So the problem is with MS's servers and there is not likely to a solution until a new update from MS or Whatsapp? Wow, this sucks big time. :unhappy:

I have no problem with whatsapp notificattions. These are my settings:
WiFi on, and WiFi runs under lockscreen
Whatsapp background task allowed.
Play sound for all notifications
Battery saver turns on only when battery is low (the notifications are a bit spotty when battery saver is on, but since battery saver conserves battery by restricting internet, it is acceptable)

Alexander Tan

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I am pretty sure my settings are more or less like yours. Anyway, my fb chat just sputtered back to life again....I'll have to monitor the situation and see how it progress on next. Thanks for the feedback.

forawes

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi all
On Jan 22, 2014 i updated Lumia820 to Update 3 of WP8. Before this update the notifications for WhatsApp was working fine. However, after the Update 3 the notification are not coming for WhatsApp. Ever time i need to open WhatsApp to check for any new massages.
Can any body help to resolve?
Thanks

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Is your wifi enabled when you r phone is locked??? Check your background tasks to see if WhatsApp is allowed???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon