How to backup Nokia Music Store downloaded songs? For restoring in case of contingency?

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I have roughly 850 song downloaded purchased from Nokia Music Store.
I am afraid of break downs, i want to backup all periodically.
I know purchased songs are drm protected but I am not interested in sharing, i want just need for any contingency.
I need assistance for backup and restore my music.

Thank you

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 India gdr3

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I know purchased songs are drm protected but I am not interested in sharing, i want just need for any contingency.

Thank you

Aren't they shown in MUSIC Folder when connected to PC??
songs I downloaded from store are shown there and I copy them. the Offline Mix doesnt appear there :p

nofanto ibrahim

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
As an alternative copying from music folder, you can also download them via music.nokia.com at download history menu.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 720 using Tapatalk

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
@teckris : i copies music folder to pc but i am unsure that it will work after hard reset, incase i need to hard reset someday..
@nofanto ibrahim
Thanks for information mate..
I can view history? So even on my computer i can download?? Or how it works?

I can't figure out, i already download all collection and i can't risk to test.. No lumia buddy around to test too...

I am very happy with nokia music.. Just changed me, changed how i use my phone..

nofanto ibrahim

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
In my experience, yes you can download and play your songs in PC, also you can sync them to your handset as well.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Thank you

They are not DRM protected, works on any phone, pc etc, so take a backup to your PC and you are fine.

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Thank you all... There is no DRM, as it obvious that mp3 downloaded is very low quality to be shared... And thank you to all the members..

nofanto ibrahim

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Thank you all... There is no DRM, as it obvious that mp3 downloaded is very low quality to be shared... And thank you to all the members..

well, the reason I always download my songs through music.nokia.com because it'll give me a nice 320kbps mp3 along with proper tags and album picture 😁

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
There is a way, I downloaded nokia music player on pc.. Now I can download hq music.. Thank you all..

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
i think i know a few facts that other don't, or otherwise i am wong: -
1. if u have a nokia music subscription ( i got it along with my lumia), downloaded songs are DRM free. i tried and shared with my wife and brother, both use samsung android (Note & S3)
2. even after hard reset, the songs can be copied back and played well. in fact i changed handset, still it worked (shifted from Lumia 800 to Lumia 720)
3. for accessing nokia music using pc, use nokia music player. it lets u access the complete collection, search and download. all u have to do is login in it with ur nokia account linked to ur music subscrition.

thank me if i am correct. and correct me if needed. thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon