More Than 30+ Apps Coming To WINDOWS PHONE 8 .. (All Listed Here) update: icons fix, added more apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamiSaifDine

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: More Than 20+ Apps Coming To WINDOWS PHONE 8 .. (All Listed Here)

I Contacted Memrise Team for an App for Windows Phone "www.memrise.com" They Said :
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Adam Johnson
Hi,

Thanks for the offer! Supporting Windows Phone is not easy, and I'm afraid to say that you are the only person requesting a Window Phone app that I'm aware of! Eek!

I'm afraid this will have to remain a 'someday maybe' idea...
Sorry,

Adam

Divair

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

I Contacted Memrise Team for an App for Windows Phone "www.memrise.com" They Said :
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Adam Johnson
Hi,

Thanks for the offer! Supporting Windows Phone is not easy, and I'm afraid to say that you are the only person requesting a Window Phone app that I'm aware of! Eek!

Sorry,

Adam
Maybe some of us should send them some emails :)

red david

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Adam Johnson
Hi,

Sorry,

Adam

that's sad, although honestly i didn't know or heard about memrise at all. XD.
But, what they mean was they made apple/android app just because people requested for it? It kinda sounds unfair to me.

red david

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

A steam mobile app should be added. although not a single word about it has come out.

red david

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Microsoft should try to convince Valve to make one, gamer population is large and possibility to attract more consumers.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site

For me the biggest thing would be the OS improvements, the apps will come. WP needs to improve a lot on the OS end, with a number of basic features still lacking and issues such as breaking live tiles, battery management, other storage and multitasking. I really hope 8.1 will address all of these.

Elitis

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site

Steam has a vaguely anti-Microsoft stance these days.
*Valve has an anti-W8 stance these days*
There, fixed it for you. Valve doesn't hate Microsoft. Its because of Microsoft and Windows that Valve is as big as successful as it is. Valve just doesn't like the fact that they need to pay 30% of their profits to Microsoft to publish an app in the marketplace. It's the entire reason they created Steam OS, which although I think the controllers are an incredible idea, it probably won't survive long.

ag1986

Banned
Jan 14, 2013
Visit site

There, fixed it for you. Valve doesn't hate Microsoft. Its because of Microsoft and Windows that Valve is as big as successful as it is. Valve just doesn't like the fact that they need to pay 30% of their profits to Microsoft to publish an app in the marketplace. It's the entire reason they created Steam OS, which although I think the controllers are an incredible idea, it probably won't survive long.

Valve pays approximately $0.00 to MS because they don't have anything published via Microsoft.

All hail GabeN.

Onager1286

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site

Valve publishes their app to google play and the app store, which take cuts as well...

Divair

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

They don't publish apps in the marketplace.
Gabe Newell is concerned that they might be moving towards a closed platform in which they would be FORCED to use the marketplace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon