What application do you use as a password manager on your Windows Phone (if any)?

anon(8503161)

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I am asking because I am used to using a KeePass fork on my Android device. I have read into 7Pass, but I'd rather have an application that can read passwords from a local file rather than cloud storage or other various online servers. Thanks in advance guys/gals.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Sky wallet from day one, works great for me and has a desk top app with cloud backup. Don't have to use cloud backup but I would. Also just been looking at enpass password manager that looks good, it fills in you password and users name automatically when using the app to open up a web site.

anon(8503161)

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I use 7Pass and I love it! Why don't you want to have it on the cloud?

I'm a little high strung when it comes to security. I just like to have a bit of physical distance between my database and a potential data breach. I used to keep my database on Drive I just too it off one day because I felt like it. With 7Pass can you copy-paste passwords?

EngineerTuna

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm using Lastpass for years now. They have an app. It allows to copy ***** password. But it isn't free as i recall, they have 14 days of trial. Well mine was a gift from Lastpass. So it's a cross-platform solution. Using it on firefox, internet explorer even on my phone.

anon(8503161)

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm using Lastpass for years now. They have an app. It allows to copy ***** password. But it isn't free as i recall, they have 14 days of trial. Well mine was a gift from Lastpass. So it's a cross-platform solution. Using it on firefox, internet explorer even on my phone.

I saw that, but I'd prefer not to have to pay for a service that keeps my passwords "in the cloud".

Alexandro Bey

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I am using Enpass and really love this app. I have found it on market place last month since then I am using it daily to access my login details. The Desktop version make it so easy to save your details. I emailed to development team to add SkyDrive and they said " We have already considered this feature in our road map for future updates. Currently we are working on Custom field support and will be available in next version of Enpass. After this we will start working to add Google drive, SkyDrive sync".

The app will really be awesome after getting it. :cool:

Localhorst86

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I am using 7pass, simply because it allows me to sync the keypass databases between my phone and PC.

Note that it will not automatically sync to the cloud, you'll always have to sync manual if you want to. That means that you can pretty much work "locally" on your phone the whole time, without the need for a cloud.

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
u can use "password padlock".
Password Padlock | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
its absolutely free.
if u r using windows 8, they have a win 8 app also.
both has skydrive backup. u can sync ur data thru skydrive. quite easy n simple.
i was previously using sbpwallet, before shifting to WP. it was awesome. dunno, any other app similar to it, having a desktop app.

THIS!! Very good app. If I could get my wife and kids to use it I wouldn't have to keep their passwords too. :wink:

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I too use Password Padlock. It has lots of customizable fields. The biggest issue I have with it, once you enter your main password and hit the checkmark, it is very slow accessing the password list. If I didn't have soooo much info saved, I would look at another password keeper.

As far as I know, the passwords are stored locally and only backup to OneDrive (SkyDrive) when you manually perform a backup.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I too use Password Padlock. It has lots of customizable fields. The biggest issue I have with it, once you enter your main password and hit the checkmark, it is very slow accessing the password list. If I didn't have soooo much info saved, I would look at another password keeper.

As far as I know, the passwords are stored locally and only backup to OneDrive (SkyDrive) when you manually perform a backup.

Yeah, the manual backup to Skydrive is a really good feature, but it would be great if it updated all devices automatically. With two laptops, a DV8P, a Surface, a PC, and a 1520, I've had a few problems remembering which local list of passwords was the most up to date. Now, I only backup to Skydrive from my 1520.
I haven't experienced the issue of slowing down after entering my password....I have 72 entries. Im not sure if there is a limit or if more passwords equals slower loading. Makes some sense that more would slow things down.

anon(8503161)

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for all the input, this post has really exploded recently. My specific interests are applications that can open KeePass .kdb files, without needing to go through OneDrive. At this point 7Pass still seems like the best option for me, despite being required to store my database in the cloud.

Localhorst86

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the input, this post has really exploded recently. My specific interests are applications that can open KeePass .kdb files, without needing to go through OneDrive. At this point 7Pass still seems like the best option for me, despite being required to store my database in the cloud.

You only have to initially store the .kbd file in skydrive to transfer it to 7pass. Once it's transfered, 7pass can work fully locally, you can delete the .kbd file from OneDrive/SkyDrive/Dropbox/Whatever.

You can also, if you want, set up a small webDAV Server (I am not sure, I think Windows might be able to do that without additional software) on your home PC, transfer the file from there and then disable the server if you simply do not trust the cloud providers at all.

anon(8503161)

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
You only have to initially store the .kbd file in skydrive to transfer it to 7pass. Once it's transfered, 7pass can work fully locally, you can delete the .kbd file from OneDrive/SkyDrive/Dropbox/Whatever.

You can also, if you want, set up a small webDAV Server (I am not sure, I think Windows might be able to do that without additional software) on your home PC, transfer the file from there and then disable the server if you simply do not trust the cloud providers at all.

Perfect! Thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs