Metrotube - Please help with your feedback

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I was looking for a good YouTube app that plays HD videos. Many of the YouTube apps out there are pathetic and the video quality in HQ are pathetic. Browsing through the forum I saw that many use Metrotube. I have certain requirements which are as follows :

1) Live streaming of videos on YouTube in HD
2) Login to YouTube
3) View and post comments, also feature of like a video.

Does Metrotube support all these features ? Does it play all videos or gives error at times? If there are any bugs or drawbacks please post them too. As its a paid app I want peoples opinion before I purchase.

Store Link : http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/metrotube/8d93224f-2808-e011-9264-00237de2db9e

Black Lumia

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Yes. Best YouTube app in the marketplace. If you look, the trial is fully functional, no ads. Don't buy unless you really like it. It only supports and the developer.

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I was looking for a good YouTube app that plays HD videos. Many of the YouTube apps out there are pathetic and the video quality in HQ are pathetic. Browsing through the forum I saw that many use Metrotube. I have certain requirements which are as follows :

I don't know. I've never tried live streaming.
2) Login to YouTube
I don't have a YouTube account, since I deleted my Google account.
I cannot post comments, since I do not have a Google account.

Does Metrotube support all these features ? Does it play all videos or gives error at times? If there are any bugs or drawbacks please post them too. As its a paid app I want peoples opinion before I purchase.

Store Link : Metrotube | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes. Best YouTube app in the marketplace. If you look, the trial is fully functional, no ads. Don't buy unless you really like it. It only supports and the developer.

I installed the trial version. Its a cool app. However, it doesn't play Vevo videos. Also one famous video which is not Vevo it didn't play. Do we need to purchase the full version in order to play all the videos?

HyperChrisX

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I installed the trial version. Its a cool app. However, it doesn't play Vevo videos. Also one famous video which is not Vevo it didn't play. Do we need to purchase the full version in order to play all the videos?

I think there are issues with the app and playing certain videos, like Vevo. If I remember correctly, there is an update coming that will address this.

vaultsurvivor

May 6, 2013
Visit site
No, theyve been having problems with it for the last couple of months... They released a statement fairly recently I think that said theyll fix with an update soon... Try youtube hd... Good reviews on the store and seems fully featured...

Black Lumia

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
No, theyve been having problems with it for the last couple of months... They released a statement fairly recently I think that said theyll fix with an update soon... Try youtube hd... Good reviews on the store and seems fully featured...

YouTube HD is good. Takes a while to load though.

WINDOW LOVIN

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site

Not that I know of.

2) Login to YouTube
Yes you can merge your account and able to view playlist,recently watched,favorites, watch later etc, etc.

Yes but it is kinda slow it has this thing were it sais "Load more" and it will load the next set of comments..and also I have noticed that if you post a comment it wont show sometimes even if you refresh the video.

It plays MOST videos...some of them wont play sometimes and it will just keep buffering...I addressed this problem to them which they replied that I was not the only one and that they were working on a fix and update real soon. And no vevo videos dont work. All In all this was the best for me IMO
Store Link : Metrotube | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
The main alternative to Metrotube is MyTube. I do use Metrotube on my Win8 tablet and desktop, but on the phone nothing is slicker than MyTube. Its party piece is a real impressive idea, just try it and you'll see what I mean.

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I've not had any problems with the beta not playing a video. It's fixed already. Find me some videos and I'll open them in metrotube.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon