I had the game VALA: Alpha installed. Update came out today.
    It gets through the download and gives 'attenrtion required'.
    I try again, same. I canceled the download and uninstalled the app. I went through a power cycle and a soft reset. Still I get 'attention required' when I try to reinstall.
    I updated another app after all this with no problems.
    Anything else to try?

Lumia 920
    02-25-2014 12:36 PM
    did you try on WIFI?
    02-25-2014 01:33 PM
    I was on WiFi.
    02-25-2014 02:23 PM
    Same here on WiFi, I tried a soft reset, delete/reinstall. None
    02-25-2014 04:37 PM
    I have this issue, it downloads fully (via Wifi), gets to the end of the 'install' bar, then rolls back and gives an 'Attention Required' warning. I can't uninstall it at all either.
    02-25-2014 05:44 PM
    I have this issue, it downloads fully (via Wifi), gets to the end of the 'install' bar, then rolls back and gives an 'Attention Required' warning. I can't uninstall it at all either.
    To uninstall it you have to cancel the download. On the store page hold the tap till the menu comes up and cancel the download. Then you can uninstall it from the game list.
    02-25-2014 09:28 PM
    Others are having the same problem so he knows. The developers twitter page https://twitter.com/RogueCode
    I don't have a twitter account so I can't post there.
    02-25-2014 09:38 PM
    Cheers, good to know. I'll keep an eye out for a fix.

Sent from my Lumia 520 using Tapatalk
    02-26-2014 01:31 AM
    Yup Matt is aware. Hopefully it will be resolved soon. :)
    02-26-2014 01:37 AM
    I'm so sorry about the problems. I've been in contact with Microsoft and according to them there was a problem when the app was ingested by their system. The problem is that it crashes the installer on the phone, but the Visual Studio deployer works fine - so the testers (and my testers) didn't pick up the problem.
    I've submitted a rebuilt version that they say *should* work - but it will still be a day or two before that hits.
    In the meantime, don't uninstall, because you will lose scores and won't be able to reinstall anyway.

Once again, really sorry. In future I will publish the app hidden and test the update myself before going live - but it seems like this glitch was one in a million.
    kb4000 likes this.
    02-27-2014 12:29 AM
    Thank you for the update. :)
    RogueCode likes this.
    02-27-2014 02:56 AM
    First I thought it was my Phone.
    Thanks for letting us know it will come round again.
    RogueCode likes this.
    02-27-2014 11:51 AM
    Seems like you could use a volunteer Beta tester or 2. ;)
    02-27-2014 01:20 PM
    Seems like you could use a volunteer Beta tester or 2. ;)
    Unfortunately this wasn't due to a problem in the game so it wouldn't have been detected (our testers didn't have any problems, and neither did Microsofts) - the game seems to have been damaged while MS was processing it. I'm not sure how this is technically possible - probably just a random glitch in the Matrix.

By the way, haven't heard anything more from MS, just that they are testing the new build. Shouldn't be more than a day or two. :(
    02-27-2014 01:46 PM
    Unfortunately this wasn't due to a problem in the game so it wouldn't have been detected (our testers didn't have any problems, and neither did Microsofts) - the game seems to have been damaged while MS was processing it. I'm not sure how this is technically possible - probably just a random glitch in the Matrix.

By the way, haven't heard anything more from MS, just that they are testing the new build. Shouldn't be more than a day or two. :(
    I think you took that as a serious comment...I was kidding, meaning that I'm happy to try out any new features before anyone else! ;)
    02-27-2014 09:28 PM
    I think you took that as a serious comment...I was kidding, meaning that I'm happy to try out any new features before anyone else! ;)
    Ah, right. I need more sleep.

Send me a PM with your live-id (anyone reading this) and I will add you to the list of testers :)
    ca_guri likes this.
    02-28-2014 01:08 AM
    An update got through about an hour ago that fixes this issue - you can now update/reinstall VALA: Alpha! :D

Sorry for the problems, and thank you for your patience. I would make it free to apologize for the inconvenience, but... :P
    03-01-2014 01:01 AM
    Success.
    Downloaded and reinstalled. Thanks !
    03-01-2014 10:33 AM
    07-02-2016 06:29 AM