App Update/ App Install - Attention Required

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I had the game VALA: Alpha installed. Update came out today.
It gets through the download and gives 'attenrtion required'.
I try again, same. I canceled the download and uninstalled the app. I went through a power cycle and a soft reset. Still I get 'attention required' when I try to reinstall.
I updated another app after all this with no problems.
Anything else to try?

Lumia 920

NokNokRob

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I have this issue, it downloads fully (via Wifi), gets to the end of the 'install' bar, then rolls back and gives an 'Attention Required' warning. I can't uninstall it at all either.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I have this issue, it downloads fully (via Wifi), gets to the end of the 'install' bar, then rolls back and gives an 'Attention Required' warning. I can't uninstall it at all either.
To uninstall it you have to cancel the download. On the store page hold the tap till the menu comes up and cancel the download. Then you can uninstall it from the game list.

RogueCode

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm so sorry about the problems. I've been in contact with Microsoft and according to them there was a problem when the app was ingested by their system. The problem is that it crashes the installer on the phone, but the Visual Studio deployer works fine - so the testers (and my testers) didn't pick up the problem.
I've submitted a rebuilt version that they say *should* work - but it will still be a day or two before that hits.
In the meantime, don't uninstall, because you will lose scores and won't be able to reinstall anyway.

Once again, really sorry. In future I will publish the app hidden and test the update myself before going live - but it seems like this glitch was one in a million.

RogueCode

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Seems like you could use a volunteer Beta tester or 2. ;)

Unfortunately this wasn't due to a problem in the game so it wouldn't have been detected (our testers didn't have any problems, and neither did Microsofts) - the game seems to have been damaged while MS was processing it. I'm not sure how this is technically possible - probably just a random glitch in the Matrix.

By the way, haven't heard anything more from MS, just that they are testing the new build. Shouldn't be more than a day or two. :(

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately this wasn't due to a problem in the game so it wouldn't have been detected (our testers didn't have any problems, and neither did Microsofts) - the game seems to have been damaged while MS was processing it. I'm not sure how this is technically possible - probably just a random glitch in the Matrix.

By the way, haven't heard anything more from MS, just that they are testing the new build. Shouldn't be more than a day or two. :(

I think you took that as a serious comment...I was kidding, meaning that I'm happy to try out any new features before anyone else! ;)

RogueCode

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I think you took that as a serious comment...I was kidding, meaning that I'm happy to try out any new features before anyone else! ;)
Ah, right. I need more sleep.

Send me a PM with your live-id (anyone reading this) and I will add you to the list of testers :)

RogueCode

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
An update got through about an hour ago that fixes this issue - you can now update/reinstall VALA: Alpha! :D

Sorry for the problems, and thank you for your patience. I would make it free to apologize for the inconvenience, but... :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills