I have tried 3 different messenger apps to chat via Google Talk. IM+ Pro, Gchat and jiTalk. Every time I leave the app to use another app or lock my phone and then flip back to any of these 4 apps it always has to reconnect or re-log in again for a few seconds each time. No matter what settings i try to use in these apps to stay connected, or 'run under lock screen' or 'push notifications' etc, it still always has to reconnect or re-log in every time I open the app. Is this a design hurdle with windows phone that just doesn't allow these types of messaging apps to run in the background?
    04-25-2014 03:10 PM
    I have tried 3 different messenger apps to chat via Google Talk. IM+ Pro, Gchat and jiTalk. Every time I leave the app to use another app or lock my phone and then flip back to any of these 4 apps it always has to reconnect or re-log in again for a few seconds each time. No matter what settings i try to use in these apps to stay connected, or 'run under lock screen' or 'push notifications' etc, it still always has to reconnect or re-log in every time I open the app. Is this a design hurdle with windows phone that just doesn't allow these types of messaging apps to run in the background?
    I don't know about the rest, but IM+ works in that way. If you leave the app, and you check the setting for keeping online, you will receive notifications, no matter if the app is closed. When you open the app, you will see a "reconnecting" screen, but it is not meaning that you are disconnected if you close the app.
    04-25-2014 04:29 PM
    i dont receive notifications when i received a message from whatsapp, viber and skype. I am using 8.1, what seems to be the problem? lumia 620
    04-26-2014 05:31 PM
    Because apps don't run actively in the background. This is how it's on iOS as well, but there the apps are extremely quick to resume because multitasking on iOS is quite a bit faster than Windows Phone.
    04-26-2014 05:41 PM