Record horizontal video while holding phone vertical?

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking for a camera app that will record video horizontally while holding the phone vertically. It's just more comfortable to hold it that way but I hate vertical videos. I tried rotating horizontal and then locking it that way in phone settings, but all it does is lock the camera UI horizontally. It still records vertically. :( I'm willing to pay for the app that does this.

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
It won't happen. Think about the logistics of that. The camera records a rectangular frame that corresponds to the rectangle screen of your phone. You want the internal processor of the phone to convert 768 x 1080 to 1080 x 768 internally or for the lens to rotate (which it doesn't do). I do understand your issue. Not realizing the difference, my teenage daughter shot my college graduation while holding the camera vertically... Viewing on our horizontally-oriented TV results in a small picture with two very wide black bars on either side.

May I suggest this very flexible, very versatile, compact tripod?

Arkon Mobile Grip 2 Universal Smartphone Flexible Mini Tripod Mount - Windows Phone Photography - The WP Central Store

I bought one and love it. I just wish we'd had it last year for my graduation. :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon