In-App purchase just disappeared

ITmanagerNC

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I've done multiple OS upgrade and every restore also recovered all my in-app purchases. Currently running Win 8.1 Update 1 and have not done any device resets in months.

So I don't understand why "Battery Status" app, purchased in 2013, reverted back to trial and now says 'Trial has ended'. I can't see a way to restore the in-app purchase.

Any ideas why it happened and how to recover it?

Dan

gahbmwm5

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
There was a story reported on NPU (NokiaPowerUser.com) site yesterday regarding many reported issues with Windows Phone Store and In-App purchase issues...The well known WP developer, Rudy H. (6tag..etc) posted a tweet...'Many apps are so showing ads, even after they were $purchased..MTFS is aware and supposedly working on it. '

gahbmwm5

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
We have had multiple tips and reports of issues with the Windows Phone Store, starting some time yesterday.

Users report having difficulty updating apps, finding apps in the store, all category listings being empty, and Rudy Huyn also reports that in-app purchases are not working at present.

We have not yet had confirmation from Microsoft of the issue or of any solution, but we are currently awaiting a response...

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
This happens all the time. Just pretend like you are doing the in app purchase again, and it will say "you already own this, would you like to install it again?" or something along those lines. I just did this again yesterday.

ITmanagerNC

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the quick response. I now see other posts referring to similar issues - I searched for issues with just my the name of my app - which is why I didn't catch the larger issue. I'm usually much more attentive before posting.

FYI, I did remove and reinstall (losing all my battery history) and it looks to have solved the issue since all the 'buy' options are grayed out.

Dan

gahbmwm5

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Dan, glad that you found a solution/success..Rudy G mentioned he had 500+ emails to respond to...based on Windows Store bugs...yikes..lol

TripsG

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a Disney Experience app that was acting up yesterday while I was at the park. It didn't recognize that I had already purchased the in app expansion. I even went to the windows phone web site to see if I could re-download it but it said I didn't own it (even though it was on the page). I just deleted it and re-installed it and it worked again. Hope the bug gets fixed for everyone soon.

v_emman

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem with Battery Status since yesterday. It's a Store problem and affects other apps too. When I search for app updates nothing comes up, although I usually have 10 to 15 updates a day (yes, I have that many apps installed). I occasionally cannot connect to the Store too (that started more than 5 days before, as a first sign that something nasty is going on). Microsoft should fix their issues with the Store ASAP, because many users are frustrated and unhappy.

HM02

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I noticed this yesterday (and today with the 2nd app) Blue Skies was one. I noticed it wasn't updating every hour like it was supposed to, and turns out the add-on 'wasn't purchased' which I know I did months ago. I uninstalled and reinstalled it and it's back to normal.
Afterlight is the second one. I purchased an extra pack or w/e and now it's saying it's locked again. Annoying.

odklizec

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I started to experience this problem after enabling WP dev. previews and installing latest updates. So far, I bought just one app (in-app purchase of Pro features of Endless Soft Battery app). It seems that the app turns back to trial mode if there is no 3G/wifi coverage? After enabling wifi, it sometimes recognizes the PRO pack has already been purchased. But at least one time, I had to click "buy" button again and only after that the store recognized that I already own PRO version and disabled trial without charging me again ;) Definitely weird behavior.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon