Play store has higher download speed than Windows phone store

PratikMade

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I noticed that on my same Wi-Fi connection apps or games download at a much higher speed from play store while it takes much more amount of time to download apps or games from windows phone store. Why there's so much difference?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
There are so many factors that come in to play here. For starters, the two completely different phones you are judging by.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
No, I don't think there will be a noticeable difference between their multibillion dollar cloud infrastructures moving a 3mb app, it will mostly be your device hardware and connection.

PratikMade

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I've checked my Wi-Fi connection on higher end Lumia it has the same speed for downloading apps as mine may be it's my ISP that offers higher speed on Google services. No it's not my assumption, my ISP recently updated it's ad that says higher speed on Google services with no buffering while playing YouTube videos. Maybe that's why I don't get higher speed on my Lumia than my android friends.

Nicholas Maguire

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I mean that my android friends brag about how fast and superior is android and they say even installing apps on my phone take too much time

Maybe if you're on a lower-end device with a not so good wifi chip or whatever... It all depends on your specific device. Windows Phone is equal or superior in every way to me. I have an Android tablet that takes longer to download and install apps than my Windows Phone. It also loads web pages and videos slower than my Windows Phone. As I said, it all depends on the specific devices.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Different phones, different hardware, how are you measuring the time? Maybe the sizes of apps are different?
etc etc

harihar akhil

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
That's not the case here about low end or high end.WP store is damn slow compared to play store.
Tested with a Lumia 1520 vs s4
Lumia 520 vs galaxy star(1 core processor+512mb ram)

ujori89

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
We hope that Windows 10 will make the differences, not only with the store but in everything. If not, there is no reason to stay with Windows Phone when the others can make much more for what we need. ( Even if we like a lot this platform)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism