Living images backup/restore

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if the living images backup anywhere in one drive along with the rest of your pictures? And if so, are they true living images or just still photos? I'm getting ready to reset my 930, and I have a ton of living images that I really like, and don't want to lose.

Thanks in advance.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if the living images backup anywhere in one drive along with the rest of your pictures? And if so, are they true living images or just still photos? I'm getting ready to reset my 930, and I have a ton of living images that I really like, and don't want to lose.

Thanks in advance.

Living images are a composite of a short video and a still photo. Using your PC and a USB cable, you can connect your phone and check the Phone > Photos > Camera Roll, where you will find three similar files with three different file extensions*. The first is a .jpg still photo, and the other two are .mp4.tnl and .mp4.thn. The short video is in the .mp4.thn file** - in fact, you'll see that the .mp4.thn file is larger than the .mp4.tnl. Copy all of these to your PC or OneDrive folder so that you can return them to your phone after your reset.

*- For example: WP_20140609_21_44_20_Pro.jpg, WP_20140609_21_44_20_Pro.mp4.thn, WP_20140609_21_44_20_Pro.tnl - the same file name but three different file extensions.

**- You can "watch" this short video separately in your PC by creating another copy of the .mp4.thn file and then deleting the ".thn" in the file extension. This makes it a ".mp4" file, which is an ordinary video file.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital