App for moving the clock on the lockscreen?

whitestar127

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone. Fresh owner of a Lumia 630 here.
I have purchase a flip case for my phone with a see-through window on the upper part of the screen. I was wondering if there exists an app that lets you move the clock/time to the upper part of the lock screen. So that I can see the time (through the case window) just by pressing the power button and not having to open the flip case.

I tried Lockmix but could not find a function or widget for moving the clock there.

Thanks

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Not for actually moving the clock, but if you check out Tetra or Live Lockscreen you could get something that could work.

whitestar127

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for answering. Tetra apparently doesn't work on the 630. Live Lock Screen has some themes, but none of them display the clock high enough to be seen through that window. Is there really no way to get a digital clock on the upper 1/3-1/4 of the screen?

whitestar127

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Harrie. Your suggestion kind of works. Strictly speaking the lock screen can't be disabled, but the screen can be set to never time out. When I put it in the jacket pocket the Car Dash app is rotated though, so I have to read the time upside down. Not a huge deal but slightly silly.

So this would work, but it's a bit of a hassle to have to start it every time I'm going to walk around with the phone in my jacket pocket.

And there is also an obvious drawback with this; the battery will be tapped faster during my walk, since the screen is on all the time.

Ideally there should be an option to disable the lock screen altogether, so that when the screen timed out and you pressed the power button you would return directly to the start screen. Why isn't there such an option by the way? Seems very strange. As I understand it both iOS and Android has such an option.

Ideally there should also be an option to move that freakin' clock on the lock screen!

Are there any live tiles out there that reads the time from the system clock (instead of connecting to internet), so that the time gets updated all the time? I'm aware of Clock Hub but that connects to internet, and since I have a mobile plan with limited download I'm trying to keep the downloading to a minimum.

I have to say; the way it is now with the lock screen, that see-through window on the flip case is almost 100% useless, at least for my purposes, that is, having a quick glance at the time now and then.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes I fear your flip case is a "bad" copy from an Android design. (there it works with widgets). Or the design is ahead of it's time because windows phones do not yet support it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes