Straw App: Lightning Fast E-mail Response from Developer

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Less than two minutes!

Once in a while, I send feedback to developers mostly through e-mail, some through the rating section in the store and a few through Twitter. Developers normally respond within a few hours via email and Twitter, and months (or never) through the rating section in the store.

But here's one developer that stands out from the rest (so far at least). I just sent some feedback about how the Straw app was having connection issues such that I couldn't create any new poll. I haven't even placed my phone down on the table and here comes the developer's response. I thought it was some automated response template, but nope! It was a direct and personalized response, proposing a solution to the problem. I followed the instructions and Voila! the app was working as it should! :cool:

I think the developer/s deserve some credit for displaying some dedication in their work. This post may not be so much, but a little support from us in the forums shouldn't hurt. :wink:

Check out the Straw app in the store here. It's basically a polling app that allows users to create custom polls about anything (and I mean anything), and anonymously if wanted. And the great thing about it is that the app and registration are free. So far, the app has garnered a near-4.5 rating in the store.

Also check out some of the related articles about the Straw App, esp. on how it began and on the latest update.

For those of you who have the app already installed before the latest update to version 2.0.4.0 (e.g. updated the app without uninstalling it first), the developer suggests uninstalling and re-installing the app to fix the connection issue you most likely might experience - this worked for me like a charm. The developers also noted that the connection issue I reported was their "top bug" and that they "are working on [it] and are hop[ing] to resolve [it] in the next 24 hours".

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Update: The developers has just mentioned that the connectivity issue with the Straw App*. Aside from the uninstall-reinstall procedure mentioned above, simply logging out and then logging in with one's Microsoft account should enable the user to post polls already.

*- If the app was updated directly to 2.0 without uninstalling the older version

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
So that's what this "poll with straw" thing is that I've seen on websites! I had no idea what it was or that there's an app for it (cross platform too).

That's very interesting.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it is. There are very interesting polls in there, literally almost about anything. There was an article about this in Windows Central a few days ago.

I came across a poll that says something like, "Which will you visit for Windows-related news?" ...so far, Windows Central is winning with 75% of votes. :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills