Opinions of Sygic

Greyze

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
I've just upgraded to the 950XL and previously been a HERE user for years. I know Windows Maps is the new thing but I thought I'd look at this alternative, it's apparently good with features that WMaps doesn't have, though it does cost money.

Has anyone tried Sygic and are able to give their opinion on it? At the moment Sygic has a sale on and I'm willing to dump some cash on it if it truly is better than HERE/Windows Maps.

Steven Curl

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I use it when I actually need navigation/traffic, for long haul trips, etc. I bought it last year on sale. Works well, and it's changing to a UWP app soon, so it'll work on all your W10 devices.

lioso

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Take a look to CoPilot. I have been using for the last two years and it has been fantastic. I am waiting for my 950 xl to try it in Windows 10

the-scotsman

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
I used Sygic on Android. It's the best navigation app by far. if the Windows one is similar, I would definitely use it. I plan to buy it when I need a good navigation app.

But it's not a "maps" app, it's a navigation app. if that's what you need.

fgaucher

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi ,
I have a Lumia 950 XL dual sim on Rogers in Canada. I had purchase Sygic last december (2015). Was running well of to around last march (2016). Since march, Sygic (16.2.4) keeps closing by itself with no error message. I am on Windows Insider. My Lumia is fully up to date. The firmware is also the latest. I tried everything: Reinstall Windows mobile with the official build, reinstall Windows mobile with Fast Insider build, uninstall Sygic, reinstall it. Try with different maps, voice, language etc. Nothing solved the problem. I also Installed Sygic (16.2.4) on my Surface Pro 3 which is running Windows 10 mobile latest version. Guess what ? Exactly the same problem. So it cannot be a problem with the phone or the firmware because I have the save problem on both devices. It may be a problem with the Microsoft Account use to purchase Sygic, or Sygic itself (version 16.2.4) or the maps or.... Anyway, I sent a LOT of message to Sygic technical support. The WORST technical support I saw. No email acknowledgement, when they answer, its a month later, no solution. Very disapointed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon