Windows Backup options?

jwckauman

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone done a study or analysis of the various options for backing up the data on your Windows devices? I am looking into a solution for my home where I have several Windows 10 devices with local data on the hard drive (e.g. documents, photos, music, home movies, spreadsheets). I need the ability to recover my data in case of any number of reasons (e.g. theft, hard drive crash, accidental deletion/overwrite). I'd like the backup solution to be secure as well if possible. For example, I've been thinking of an external drive on my network that everyone can back up their data to, but it would be easy to steal the external drive and get access to my data. I've tried bitlocking an external drive before but it seems to cause issues with some backup solutions (File History, for example). Thanks!!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone done a study or analysis of the various options for backing up the data on your Windows devices? I am looking into a solution for my home where I have several Windows 10 devices with local data on the hard drive (e.g. documents, photos, music, home movies, spreadsheets). I need the ability to recover my data in case of any number of reasons (e.g. theft, hard drive crash, accidental deletion/overwrite). I'd like the backup solution to be secure as well if possible. For example, I've been thinking of an external drive on my network that everyone can back up their data to, but it would be easy to steal the external drive and get access to my data. I've tried bitlocking an external drive before but it seems to cause issues with some backup solutions (File History, for example). Thanks!!

how many devices and are they all using the email account?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
One desktop PC, one laptop and one Surface Pro 4. I do have the same Microsoft account on all the computers.

have you tried onedrive? You would need to get an office 365 subscription which would then give you 1TB storage to start with (amongst other offers and features)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3