If Windows Phone/Mobile "died", what would you use?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Dan,

Let's say that development stopped for Windows 10 Mobile and nothing runs or works anymore out of all of the phones (including the old 7/8/8.1 ones as well) you own. If you were unable to use a Windows Phone/Mobile anymore, what would you use? iOS or Android? And what phone out of those will you use?

(Rene was asked the same question so I'm going to do the favor of asking you the same thing)

anon(8977867)

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I've had awful reliability using my elite x3 over the past two months, i almost jacked the whole thing in. I almost returned my x3 & lap dock and went Android at the weekend just gone.

I was one click away from buying an LG V20 silver handset, and a Surface Pro 4.

I'm sticking with the x3 though as the grass isn't always greener.

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
I try android and it's a mess. iOS is boring. I just hope Microsoft does a turn around with WM. The thought of only two choices. That be like if cars were like that. Choose your pick. Toyota or Mercedes Benz. The world would be pissed. At the end of the day if not WM id probably go with a flip phone. At least I wouldn't need to worry about updates lol.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
9d598_SOCIAL_NETWORK.jpg

Been thinking about using this alternative...

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I despise Google and Apple for very different reasons but I despise them equally. In fact, saying I despise them doesn't come close to describing hatred for both companies, However I would go Android for 2 reasons, reason #1 would be the huge amount of phones to choose from. High end, nice looking, kick butt phones. Reason # 2 and most imortantly, I don't have the same disgust for the people who use Android and the attitude that surrounds Android as I do with Apple and a lot of it's users.

Having said that, I would hope someone else throws their hat in the ring and maybe check out Tizen if it ever becomes something because I do think that Samsung would love to get away from Android if they could and I think that Bixby is a sign of them moving in the direction.

jack69453

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Most likely a Nokia or iPhone SE. I don't like or trust Android or its apps, but the iPhone has a reputation for being overpriced and closed in. So it's the best of two evils in my opinion.

Maybe a Tizen phone if they can produce a phone with Nokia quality.

RohanRonQM

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
Dan,

Let's say that development stopped for Windows 10 Mobile and nothing runs or works anymore out of all of the phones (including the old 7/8/8.1 ones as well) you own. If you were unable to use a Windows Phone/Mobile anymore, what would you use? iOS or Android? And what phone out of those will you use?

(Rene was asked the same question so I'm going to do the favor of asking you the same thing)

I would get a Blackberry running BB10 or the Blackberry Priv. The other option would be to find used Windows phones like the Alcatel Idol 4S or Lumia 930.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit