Andromeda. Because we just can't get enough

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
It's been weeks since we last heard anything new.

Zac, Daniel, you know stuff. You guys are holding back on us. We know you know and you know that we know that you know. Y'know....

Tell us what you know.

Tell us now!!

:p

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Ya. More leakage please!
I am curious if Microsoft is really going to reconcile with all these lost Windows phone souls/devs who flocked to the other platforms. I personally thought I never would be, but am straddling the fence between Android and my Lumia.

Last edited:

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Ya. More leakage please!
I am curious if Microsoft is really going to reconcile with all these lost Windows phone souls/devs who flocked to the other platforms. I personally thought I never would be, but am straddling the fence between Android and my Lumia.

Don't do it man.....I jumped to Android back in December. In fairness, the phone hardware (oneplus5t) is friggin awesome but the OS is just not worth it. It's a hot mess. Nothing is intuitive. It takes forever just to figure out how to change basic settings. And regardless of how much Microsoft try to Microsoftify the OS, it's still a pain getting your basic MS stuff to play nice on Android.

It's mid March....6-7 months from now we should be seeing Andromeda. I personally wish I'd stuck it out and not migrated :(

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Don't do it man.....I jumped to Android back in December. In fairness, the phone hardware (oneplus5t) is friggin awesome but the OS is just not worth it. It's a hot mess. Nothing is intuitive. It takes forever just to figure out how to change basic settings. And regardless of how much Microsoft try to Microsoftify the OS, it's still a pain getting your basic MS stuff to play nice on Android.

It's mid March....6-7 months from now we should be seeing Andromeda. I personally wish I'd stuck it out and not migrated :(
I feel you I really don't want to be here. Unfortunately Windows 10 mobile is falling behind the times quickly. I should not have to deeply tweak my device for VoLTE or WiFi calling which is there and capable but not supported because it's a feature no longer willing to be added. It's fun and all but why do we need to seek out ways to get the benefits of the here and now on our own in Windows 10 mobile when it's simpler currently to use a platform that is cruising along. I mean this my own opinion and here's the thing. Microsoft at this point has to get folks to gravitate back. I mean if that is really in their agenda or not who knows. If Andromeda is that thing to do that then you and I will for sure sell our current Androids and jump on board. But they'll need to really sell it as a solution for mobile/day to day computing/media consumption. I'm a bit reserved at this point since we have no clue REALLY what they're going to do and if this platform/category will succeed Window 10 mobile from where it is leaving off at. In the ways we like and need. There's always a chance Microsoft could retrench this upcoming platform too . We really don't know. I want to be pulled off this Android device by Andromeda or whatever it produces but will have to wait and see.

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I feel you I really don't want to be here. Unfortunately Windows 10 mobile is falling behind the times quickly. I should not have to deeply tweak my device for VoLTE or WiFi calling which is there and capable but not supported because it's a feature no longer willing to be added. It's fun and all but why do we need to seek out ways to get the benefits of the here and now on our own in Windows 10 mobile when it's simpler currently to use a platform that is cruising along. I mean this my own opinion and here's the thing. Microsoft at this point has to get folks to gravitate back. I mean if that is really in their agenda or not who knows. If Andromeda is that thing to do that then you and I will for sure sell our current Androids and jump on board. But they'll need to really sell it as a solution for mobile/day to day computing/media consumption. I'm a bit reserved at this point since we have no clue REALLY what they're going to do and if this platform/category will succeed Window 10 mobile from where it is leaving off at. In the ways we like and need. There's always a chance Microsoft could retrench this upcoming platform too . We really don't know. I want to be pulled off this Android device by Andromeda or whatever it produces but will have to wait and see.

It's a tough call. Windows 10 Mobile is dead and support for even basic services and apps will fade out quickly over the next few months, so in a way we have no choice but to move.

And yes, you're right. We all want to believe that Andromeda will succeed because it's essentially Windows 10. But Microsoft could get 2-3 years into it and pull the plug. 5 years ago no one in their right mind would have believed that MS would actually walk away from Windows Phone, but here we are.

All I'd say is that if you're going to go Android, try and find a device that offers the purest Android experience. Oneplus5T and Pixel 2 would be good choices. Every other Android OEM crams their devices full of rubbish. Samsung devices slow down terribly after a few months

NMCynthia

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I got a Pixel 2 at Christmas because my ICON was on it's last legs, and I didn't want to put money into it, not knowing how long it would be before Microsoft came out with a new device. Besides, the first generation would probably not be the one you want to buy, anyway! I'm REALLY hoping they come out with something soon, so that when my Pixel is on it's last legs I can migrate back to Microsoft. The Pixel is a real nice device, but I miss the polish of the Microsoft ecosystem. I REALLY miss my ICON, but I'm happy enough with the Pixel to wait for the second or third generation of whatever the "not phone" is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes