Dan, How do carriers handle LTE devices like the budget Surface tablet? I was hoping I can switch out my Verizon Jetpack with this tablet on my unlimited data plan.
    07-09-2018 12:32 AM
    Most charge a Tablet fee, usually around 10 dollars and then they allow that tablet to access your data bucket.
    ven07 and xandros9 like this.
    07-09-2018 02:31 PM
    Most charge a Tablet fee, usually around 10 dollars and then they allow that tablet to access your data bucket.

This also applies to smart watches with LTE.
    xandros9 likes this.
    07-10-2018 10:26 AM
    First, the tablet has to support your carrier's bands. Then you get on a data-only plan. Most carriers offer 2GB for about $20.

Sent from my Idol 4S mTalk
    xandros9 and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-10-2018 06:52 PM
    Personally I don't get the need for LTE on tablets and Laptops if you already have a Smartphone with a data plan. When I travel or holiday with my Surface Pro 4 I simply teather my SP4 to my Smartphone and use my phone data. Why have two 4G tariffs when its cheaper to have one and increase it a bit for your needs.
    Galway 77 likes this.
    07-31-2018 03:41 PM
    How about just taking the jetpack in your bag with the tablet? I have a Verizon jetpack and can connect up to 8 different devices simultaneously.
    07-31-2018 10:45 PM
    How about just taking the jetpack in your bag with the tablet? I have a Verizon jetpack and can connect up to 8 different devices simultaneously.
    Verizon no longer allows hotspot on their post-paid plans? I find it much easier to tether, that's just me. I wish all PCs and tablets were like Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile where once you establish a bluetooth connection you can summon the hotspot without touching your phone. Just like the old days of bluetooth dial-up networking.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-01-2018 12:51 PM
    Verizon no longer allows hotspot on their post-paid plans? I find it much easier to tether, that's just me. I wish all PCs and tablets were like Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile where once you establish a bluetooth connection you can summon the hotspot without touching your phone. Just like the old days of bluetooth dial-up networking.
    The jetpack is better for me, since it provides faster speeds without throttling on my plan. That's why I got it. It's cheaper and faster than choosing a more expensive unlimited data plan for my phone.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    08-01-2018 12:54 PM
    The jetpack is better for me, since it provides faster speeds without throttling on my plan. That's why I got it. It's cheaper and faster than choosing a more expensive unlimited data plan for my phone.
    Amazing. You need to go to an unlimited plan for stuff they offered on $45 prepaid plans just a few years ago. As much as their LTE coverage sucks, I'm staying with the Magenta Morons. I'm on their legacy Simple Choice with 4 lines of 10GB each, hotspot until you hit the 10 gigs per line, a 2GB Data-only line and the Digits line for $140. I ain't giving that baby up anytime soon.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-01-2018 03:39 PM
    Amazing. You need to go to an unlimited plan for stuff they offered on $45 prepaid plans just a few years ago. As much as their LTE coverage sucks, I'm staying with the Magenta Morons. I'm on their legacy Simple Choice with 4 lines of 10GB each, hotspot until you hit the 10 gigs per line, a 2GB Data-only line and the Digits line for $140. I ain't giving that baby up anytime soon.
    Yeah, T-Mobile is much less expensive. However, I need coverage in my apartment, which only Verizon provides.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    08-01-2018 03:41 PM