I am getting no signal on my htc 8x. If i go under network selection, it finds my network, but when i select it, it will not connect to it. Under active network, there is no network found. I tried my SIM card in my other phone and it works. The phone is not locked, it takes my PIN code normally, everything works but I cant get a signal. I tried to put in another SIM card, wich also works on other devices, and the same thing happens: if finds all the networks avaliable, just cant connect to it. I tried rebooting, using SIM card from the same carrier the phone was bought, nothing helps. Have you guys have any idea what is going on?
    06-14-2014 07:59 AM
    Can you share what network you are on? Is this an international HTC 8X or a US/Canada one?

Sounds like maybe the frequency you need for your network may not be compatable with the device, just as a blind guess from what you are describing.
    Gal Tomazin likes this.
    06-14-2014 08:49 AM
    Im on international version. It's really weird, it worked a couple of weeks ago. It was bought in the same country under the same mobile operator. I worked out this much so far: - It's not SIM card issue, since i put in PIN password and it was accepted, neither did it ask for any kind of network key, to tell me its locked.
    - It's not the receiver/antenna issue, since it the signal from my carrier is found, tried on multiple locations (includig right next to mobile network transmitter to be for sure :) )

So it has to be the problem when the received signal is connected to the chip on the SIM card and my number. Might be a connector from antenna to SIM card bust?
    I have done a fair share of repairs on mobile phones, but i have no idea what else could be going on here.......
    06-14-2014 11:34 AM
    P.s. I am sorry if my english is not fully understandable or my writing is a bit confusing, but I'm not a native english speaker and just trying my best :)
    snowmutt likes this.
    06-14-2014 11:36 AM
    Your English is fine. Better then mine, and I live here.

It worked for a few weeks, then stopped? Killing me here. At this point, I might consider contacting a HTC rep online and seeing if they can give you some ideas. Sounds like either a SIM tray fault on the hardware side or some software interface I couldn't even guess at. If you can get online to a HTC tech they may be able to help troubleshoot it. I am not sure how good HTC support is, but it has to be worth a shot.

If you get any help, post back. Now I am curious.
    06-15-2014 08:51 AM
    I wrote to HTC support, so let's see what they have to say. I am starting to feel like it's a hardware problem.....Will give the phone to a friend who is a bit more comfortable around non-working phones, if he will figure something out :)

Will let you know about my progress :)
    06-15-2014 12:47 PM
    I wrote to HTC support, so let's see what they have to say. I am starting to feel like it's a hardware problem.....Will give the phone to a friend who is a bit more comfortable around non-working phones, if he will figure something out :)

Will let you know about my progress :)
    same issue I have. Any update?
    09-08-2014 11:15 AM
    i have the same problem .. and i also i thought it was antena problem , but it wasnt
    , its somthing els and even the repair guys cant fix it
    11-02-2014 09:24 AM