Lumia Icon & Simple Mobile

daniel329

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone! I'm almost a daily reader but a fairly new poster. Looking forward to more interaction. :)

I have an unlocked Lumia Icon that I received directly from Nokia. I put a Simple Mobile SIM into it and I am encountering some bugs. First of all it does recognize the SIM and even says "Simple Mobile" below the signal indicator. The issue is that even though the device stats on H+ it cycles through 3G, E, and then says no service. It probably spends 70% of its time on no service and the rest cycling through the signal indicators. Even weirder is that I can almost always send/receive data when it is on "no service." It is as if the signal bars just don't work. I am running 8.1 latest build (as of today). I would appreciate any help I can get!

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings > Cellular + Sim > Sim Settings and check changing Highest connection speed to 3G & LTE. I used it on one of the AT&T MVNOs, saw the network coming out bad (in the signal icon) but never had issues like missing any calls or dropping out of calls.

daniel329

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Go to Settings > Cellular + Sim > Sim Settings and check changing Highest connection speed to 3G & LTE. I used it on one of the AT&T MVNOs, saw the network coming out bad (in the signal icon) but never had issues like missing any calls or dropping out of calls.
I have tried this to no avail. It still cycles between signals. :(

Brandon McLean

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
You've set the highest connection speed to 3G? I had the same issue with my Icon when I got it last week. It only works when set to 3G. However, I needed to put in my carriers APN info as well to get data to work. Maybe you should try that too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720