How do I set up Nokia Lumia Icon on Rogers?

W

WPCentral Question

i have purchased a nokia lumia icon off kijiji branded verizon unlocked. i then went to rogers to get a nano sim because i had a micro sim. as soon as i put the nano sim the phone started getting reception on 3g or very weak signals like E or h+., but i could never get internet and when i was driving in the car the phone kept displaying no signal.even when i put the apn settings its still did not work. i dont know what to do. any suggestion ?

shawns77

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
I just received a Verizon Icon a few days ago and was playing around with the settings when I found this: Switch your connection speed to 3G and the network won't cut in and out. I also downloaded the Nokia access point app which seemed to fix the MMS issue which a lot of people seem to gripe about. It sucks that LTE speeds aren't available for this device under Rogers roof but it's quite a beautiful phone!

mohawk apple

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I just received a Verizon Icon a few days ago and was playing around with the settings when I found this: Switch your connection speed to 3G and the network won't cut in and out. I also downloaded the Nokia access point app which seemed to fix the MMS issue which a lot of people seem to gripe about. It sucks that LTE speeds aren't available for this device under Rogers roof but it's quite a beautiful phone!

​so 3G works with out problems? thanks

Wupaz

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Could you test your network speed ? (try Network Speed Test)

I got 5.17/1.17 with my 928 on Rogers I'm currous is 929 is better !

shawns77

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
So I broke down yesterday and installed the windows 8.1 preview for developer because I got tired of waiting for Verizon to release cyan. Switched over to lte under cellular settings and low and behold, I'm getting lte on Rogers! I couldn't be happier right now! Aside from no official cyan yet of course haha.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes