I don't see "Tell me when updates are available for my phone" in settings?

TheBluesOne

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi Friends, Today I learnt that there is a check box option "Tell me when updates are available for my phone" in settings, if we follow the below steps:

1. On the Start screen, slide to the left.
2. Tap Settings > phone update.
3. Select the Tell me when updates are available for my phone check box.
4. Choose whether you want to allow automatic downloading of updates if your data settings allow it. If you disable this option, your phone will only download updates over Wi-Fi or when it's connected to your computer.

But unfortunately I dont see it in my phone(HTC 8X) any idea why? Any other HTC 8X owners see that option? Google search screengrab of someone's HTC 8X htc 8x.jpg

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
That screenshot is pre 8.1. If you have 8.1 Preview on your device, this option is not visible as it is automatically enabled.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
It may even have been dropped before 8.1, hard to tell since all of my phones are 8.1 already lol But I know if you do have 8.1, that option is definitely not there.

TheBluesOne

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I too remember to have that option while on GDR2. Like @Dreamspell said, maybe it is dropped from GDR3 and as @berty6294 suggests it is not visible as it is automatically enabled.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon