I'm so loving my phone since the day I bought it but NOT today. Hmmpf.

Whenever something goes near the power button, even without actually pressing on the button, it will either switch the screen on/off or goes directly to the power off pull down page.
    And when I turn it off it will automatically switch on by itself (i'm just doing the normal power off not the soft restart).
    Plus yes I already did the soft lock. Nothing happened. Still got the same problem. Don't know if it's a hardware problem but the power button looks and feels to be ok. It's not like it got stuck or something; it's still bouncing back.
    Need help..
    06-28-2014 12:36 PM
    Yr 1st problem seems to be wired!!
    But I think its a software problem only .did u try a soft reset??
    I too have Lumia 720 and I faced that phone not getting swithed off problem .
    Swith off yr phone and let it then start by itself as u said ...without opening the lockscreen do a soft reset( by pressing and holding power +volume down button).
    Try this it helped me hope it wrks fr u.
    06-28-2014 01:10 PM
    My L720 has the exact opposite issue. The power button is very rigid and I am unable to lock or restart the phone. Already sent twice to Nokia care. But problem reappear after few days. So, installed lock screen app..
    Still love the phone though..😊😊
    06-29-2014 03:12 AM
    I'm so loving my phone since the day I bought it but NOT today. Hmmpf.

Whenever something goes near the power button, even without actually pressing on the button, it will either switch the screen on/off or goes directly to the power off pull down page.
    And when I turn it off it will automatically switch on by itself (i'm just doing the normal power off not the soft restart).
    Plus yes I already did the soft lock. Nothing happened. Still got the same problem. Don't know if it's a hardware problem but the power button looks and feels to be ok. It's not like it got stuck or something; it's still bouncing back.
    Need help..
    Have you solved it?
    07-05-2014 01:42 PM
    Hi,

Wait until Windows Phone 8.1 official release and Lumia Cyan release that will fix this issue. Dont worry it is not a hardware issue. It is a bug in Windows Phone 8.1 if Battery is less than 50 %
    07-05-2014 02:07 PM
    I spoke to the Care centre, same issue L720 he told its some 'flux' or 'flex' issue and it needs to be changed
    07-05-2014 11:18 PM
    I am facing the same issue ... Neither a soft nor a hard reset helped me...I am managing by lockscreen app and double tap to wake ....when I had done my first hard reset, problem was suspended for a while and now it suddenly started from the scratch 😞Is there any solution to the prob ??
    08-10-2014 03:01 PM
    I dont think so.
    I have the same issue and its there even on full charge
    12-03-2014 08:01 AM
    I dont think so, i have the same issue even on full charge.
    12-03-2014 08:02 AM