Reinstall all my apps

Joshhi

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia 520 running the dev preview and I was running out of space so I used an old 1 GB micro SD card to hold me over until I could buy a bigger card. Yesterday I bought an 8 GB SanDisk card I then proceeded to move my apps from 1 GB card unto the phone (deleted asphalt 8 to clear space on my phone) then move them back to my new sd card however all my apps that I moved won't work. The apps start but the close instantly restarted the phone but the problem persists. I made sure I formatted the new card and unmounted the old card before removing it. Now my question is what is causing this problem and do I have to reinstall all my apps. I am also concerned that when I decide to upgrade to another card if this will be a problem.
Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk

Joshhi

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I intended to upgrade again with a larger card but I'm having second thoughts
Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Probably would be easiest to go straight to the final card size and leave it be. Looks like app reinstallation would be easiest.

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Basically what happens is as you move a game across to the card your not moving the whole game....just part of the info...so when you go to play the game it wont be there. Its like buying an album with no cd in it. Looks like a full install is required

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I believe so..all pics and vid and contacts will automatically be saved. If you go to settings and back up now... There is also an option to back up games and texts too

th34monk3ys

May 26, 2014
Visit site
You are right here, files are striped on sd memory card and internal memory, ever since 7 too, so parts of files are on both, Causing the issues! You either back up and hard restore or reinstall apps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon