Setting exchange and pop3 accounts with the same email address on Windows Phone 8 Lumia 925

Michael_Pirogov

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
In our company we use Exchange server for internal email and to send email outside. To receive email from outside we use POP3 email server at our internet provider. For Internal and External mail everyone use the same email address. I can set Exchange account on my phone and it works. Now, when I try to set an additional POP account with the same email address I receive the message: "There's already an account on this phone using... email address". I had no problems in the past to set two accounts using different services on iPhone or Androids. Would some one be so pleased to advice for a solution, taking in consideration I cannot change settings on servers. Thank you.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I'm guessing the error message pops up before you can get to the settings to manually configure the account?
How about setting the Exchange account up, then try and set up another account with email address a@b.com. Wait for it to complain then select the option to manually configure settings. Amend the email address to the correct one and enter the relevant server details. I've not got my device in front of me, but that may be a way to get past the error.

Michael_Pirogov

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Thank you hotphil for your reply.
I have tried all these variants before I went to the forum. I 've set manually the POP account passing through all parameters. I set the account with different name in email address, with different domain. It works, I can receive emails from the external server and send via it outside with this modified email address, my login credentials in the POP account are the right ones. But if the receiver reply to my email - the reply goes to the wrong address. Any attempt to change the address on manually configured account lead to the mentioned error. In MS Outlook I can substitute the reply address. In WP there is no such option.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans